Old 01-09-2003, 02:32 AM
abe and sally

Default white flies on tomatoes

I'm getting white flies on tomatoes. Does anyone know ways to get rid of
them??

Shaun

Old 01-09-2003, 03:22 AM
Salty Thumb

"abe and sally" wrote in news:Jax4b.67120$la.1574070
@news1.calgary.shaw.ca:

I'm getting white flies on tomatoes. Does anyone know ways to get rid of
them??

Shaun

paint them green?
Old 01-09-2003, 05:22 AM
Lawrence Akutagawa

Go to your local nursery and get yourself some white fly traps. Essentially
these are glue covered pieces of yellow cardboard. The color attracts the
flies and they get embedded in the glue. Replace as needed. Takes 3 weeks
to a month or so to get all successive generations. If you have a heavy
infestation, go out and shake the plants to get the flies up in the air.

. ..

Old 01-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Salty Thumb

"Lawrence Akutagawa" wrote in
ink.net:

Go to your local nursery and get yourself some white fly traps.
Essentially these are glue covered pieces of yellow cardboard. The
color attracts the flies and they get embedded in the glue. Replace
as needed. Takes 3 weeks to a month or so to get all successive
generations. If you have a heavy infestation, go out and shake the
plants to get the flies up in the air.

"abe and sally" wrote in message
. ..
I'm getting white flies on tomatoes. Does anyone know ways to get
rid of them??

Shaun

There are comments concerning this in the recent "vinegar for
whiteflies" thread.

[IMG] code is On

White flies joebee Australia 0 07-11-2003 09:32 PM
White 'flies' on my tomatoes ajr United Kingdom 15 20-10-2003 02:12 PM
tomatoes and white flies kronos408 Edible Gardening 3 19-07-2003 07:42 PM
White flies Howie Gardening 1 26-06-2003 12:44 AM
White flies in soil and on citrus Snooze Gardening 1 25-01-2003 02:02 PM