Old 02-09-2003, 11:33 PM
David Hill

Default stirrup hoe

On and off I hear of stirrup hoe being used in US.
Cant get one in UK

Now my question is.......Are they available in Canada?
More specifically around Toronto?
My wife will be over there for 3 weeks at the end of this month and she
could bring one back (Well the head that is).

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 03-09-2003, 05:22 AM
Bill Ranseen

In article , "David Hill"
wrote:

On and off I hear of stirrup hoe being used in US.
Cant get one in UK

Now my question is.......Are they available in Canada?
More specifically around Toronto?
My wife will be over there for 3 weeks at the end of this month and she
could bring one back (Well the head that is).

I'm kinda surprised you can't find one in the UK: the one I have is a
Swiss import (Real). I understand Real doesn't make them anymore and
they're now made by Glaser.
Old 03-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Jerry Minasi

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 21:00:35 -0700, Bill Ranseen
wrote:

In article , "David Hill"
wrote:

On and off I hear of stirrup hoe being used in US.
Cant get one in UK

Now my question is.......Are they available in Canada?
More specifically around Toronto?
My wife will be over there for 3 weeks at the end of this month and she
could bring one back (Well the head that is).

I'm kinda surprised you can't find one in the UK: the one I have is a
Swiss import (Real). I understand Real doesn't make them anymore and
they're now made by Glaser.

I think they are called "Shuffle Hoes". I have one and use it all the
time in my garden.
jerry
Old 03-09-2003, 04:32 PM
Dwight Sipler

Jerry Minasi wrote:
...I think they are called "Shuffle Hoes". I have one and use it all the
time in my garden...

I thought a shuffle hoe [or scuffle hoe] was a flat blade, sharp on both
sides, that you push and pull to weed. The stirrup hoe is also sharp on
both sides, but it's a loop of steel rather than just a flat blade,
althought it's straight on the bottom where it cuts the weeds. The
stirrup is slightly loose so that the angle changes slightly with the
direction of cut. It's called a stirrup hoe because it looks like a
stirrup on a stick.
Old 03-09-2003, 05:02 PM
Mike Simpson

"Dwight Sipler" wrote in message
Jerry Minasi wrote:
...I think they are called "Shuffle Hoes". I have one and use it all the
time in my garden...

I thought a shuffle hoe [or scuffle hoe] was a flat blade, sharp on both
sides, that you push and pull to weed. The stirrup hoe is also sharp on
both sides, but it's a loop of steel rather than just a flat blade,
althought it's straight on the bottom where it cuts the weeds. The
stirrup is slightly loose so that the angle changes slightly with the
direction of cut. It's called a stirrup hoe because it looks like a
stirrup on a stick.

Stirrup hoe........

http://www.jarvisfrance.freeserve.co...irrup_hoes.htm

and......

http://www.cix.co.uk/~kraal/html/cultivation.html

ms

Old 03-09-2003, 10:02 PM
David Hill

Almost there Mike, but what I am looking for is like the Oscillating stirrup
hoe in this New Zealand link
http://www.allsun.com.au/Longhandlehoes.html

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 03-09-2003, 10:22 PM
Mike Simpson

"David Hill" wrote in message
Almost there Mike, but what I am looking for is like the Oscillating stirrup
hoe in this New Zealand link
http://www.allsun.com.au/Longhandlehoes.html

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

OK.....try this one....

http://www.implementations.co.uk/web...raswinghoe.htm

Getting closer????? 8-))

ms

[IMG] code is On

Looking for a Hoe Davoud United Kingdom 1 30-06-2003 03:08 PM
Looking for a Hoe Davoud Gardening 4 30-06-2003 01:44 AM
To hoe or not to hoe...is this a weed or a flower? junkyardcat Gardening 5 13-05-2003 04:20 PM
Hoe with 2" blade? HH Gardening 4 25-03-2003 02:20 AM
Shaef super hoe Mhagen alt.forestry 0 18-12-2002 04:09 AM