Old 03-09-2003, 01:42 AM
Me

Default Seeding lawn in Fall?

I learned the hard way you can't drop fescue seed in the summer. My question
is, when can I?
Does it have to be spring, or a particular temperature range?
I'm in the SF Valley (LA) and want to re-seed some parts of my fescue lawn.
The part of my lawn gets a lot of sun

Thanks

Old 03-09-2003, 05:42 AM
J. Lane

Most grasses like to start in cool weather. So choose whichever month is the
coolest with the most rainfall in your area and plant the lawn then.
--
Jayel
ink.net...

Old 04-09-2003, 07:32 AM
Chris Owens

Me wrote:

I learned the hard way you can't drop fescue seed in the summer. My question
is, when can I?
Does it have to be spring, or a particular temperature range?
I'm in the SF Valley (LA) and want to re-seed some parts of my fescue lawn.
The part of my lawn gets a lot of sun

Thanks

Grass seed germinates best in cool weather. Planting in the fall
has the advantage of letting the grass establish a vigorous root
system before it has to go into leaf production. When you
overseed, remember to water lightly daily until the new grass is
well-established.

Chris Owens

[IMG] code is On

Re-seeding my lawn: no visible growth after 16 days! Keith Brown United Kingdom 6 08-04-2009 10:50 PM
Fall seeding or feeding Peter Pan[_2_] Lawns 4 09-10-2007 10:38 PM
lawn seeding? Ni North Carolina 1 03-11-2003 08:33 PM
Seeding lawn v turf - what type Geoff Australia 5 05-04-2003 06:35 AM
Seeding a lawn Dan United Kingdom 2 31-03-2003 08:56 AM