Old 05-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Tom

Default AOL news group reader down?

For the past two days I have not been able to read any newsgroups via AOL.
Anyone else have this problem?

Old 05-09-2003, 02:02 PM
madgardener

I've been unable to see posts thru Bellsouth's newsgroup server. I watched
as my last one posted just two hours prior was declared "expired article,
due to lack of room etc" which is usually what I see when post is REEEEALY
old.........it almost freaked me out. When I called BellSouth tech support
(which USUALLY helps, believe it or not) they told me I had to E-MAIL the
problem to an address.............sigh........I have been reading newsgroup
posts thru Xnews just to be able to SEE all the posts. I can't wait until
the free newsserver I contacted gets back with me with my information and
stuff so I can just come here with no problems. I was told yesterday that a
LOT of news servers were having problems. I wonder if it's a worm or virus??
Well, hopefully this snafu will be fixed. I take this ability to come here
and read posts and answer and write to ya'll way too
forgranted..................

On a garden note (so the anal neticate people out there gnashing their teeth
that we're not ON TOPIC will calm down.......G) today has actually had a
taste of fall like temperatures and feel to it. I turned off the air
conditioner, turned on the fan, opened up the window's and it's actually
COOL outside! Maybe this means work won't be so grueling in the nursery at
the Lowe's I work at (lately I've overheated to major disturbing
purportions). And the Frakartii asters are starting to pop open a little
bit.......
madgardener up on the ridge, after a scrubbing down pour over the last two
days, back in Fairy Holler, overlooking a misty, blue English Mountain (with
the Smokies in layers behind THEM) in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone
36 where the Botanical expert on Appalachian flora and fauna has sadly
declared that this years fall leaf display will be zip due to the massive
amounts of rainfall we've all gotten. There will literally be hardly any
color to the leaves this year. When they're stressed with drought like last
year and North Carolina experienced it more and longer than we did, the
colors last fall were incredible...............oh well, the trees needed the
water more.........