Old 19-08-2003, 02:03 AM
t0xicmarie

Default OT- better news reader?

Can anyone help this network engineer find a better newsgroup reader,
please? I am getting really tired of Outlook Express, but haven't been into
newsgroups much, til now.

Cheers, in advance.

Marie in LosAngeles.

Old 19-08-2003, 02:03 AM

"t0xicmarie" wrote:

Can anyone help this network engineer find a better newsgroup reader,

(Emailed with my own horribly biased opinion).

--
Gary Woods O- K2AHC Public keys at www.albany.net/~gwoods, or get 0x1D64A93D via keyserver

fingerprint = E2 6F 50 93 7B C7 F3 CA 1F 8B 3C C0 B0 28 68 0B
Old 19-08-2003, 02:32 AM

Steve Calvin wrote:

So why not post it

Forte Agent. Does mail too, really well, except no HTML.
I don't regard that as a shortcoming...

Old 19-08-2003, 03:42 AM
Charles Quinn

In article , "t0xicmarie" wrote:
Can anyone help this network engineer find a better newsgroup reader,
please? I am getting really tired of Outlook Express, but haven't been into
newsgroups much, til now.

Cheers, in advance.

Marie in LosAngeles.

I like an oldie called NewsXpress. It is free. Easy to setup. You can easily
operate it from the keyboard. Threads are much easier than in Free Agent or
Outlook.

It is old but the interface is easy to use.

--

Charles
Indifference = Consent

Old 19-08-2003, 08:02 AM
Dave Allyn

Forte Agent. Does mail too, really well, except no HTML.
I don't regard that as a shortcoming...

I use the free copy (free agent). downloadable from thier web site (i
think).... doesn't do the web stuff (as mentioned) but that's fine
with me. I keep outlook express setup, and if there is anything
web-wise I REALLY want to see, i look there....

just my two bits....

email: daveallyn at bwsys dot net
please respond in this NG so others
can share your wisdom as well!
Old 19-08-2003, 10:10 AM
Christopher Norton

The message
from "t0xicmarie" contains these words:

Can anyone help this network engineer find a better newsgroup reader,
please? I am getting really tired of Outlook Express, but haven't been into
newsgroups much, til now.

Cheers, in advance.

Marie in LosAngeles.

Can only comment on windows.

Gravity or Agent. There are others but tend to be specially written ones
for customers of ISP`s.

Other os`s i cant possibly comment

--
email farmer chris on
Please don`t use
Old 19-08-2003, 01:32 PM
Pat Meadows

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 00:25:20 GMT, "t0xicmarie"
wrote:

Can anyone help this network engineer find a better newsgroup reader,
please? I am getting really tired of Outlook Express, but haven't been into
newsgroups much, til now.

Cheers, in advance.

Marie in LosAngeles.

Sure. Agent, free or registered.

Free Agent does newsgroups, but not email, and does not have
killfile capability.

Registered Agent does both - and superbly, IMNSHO, and does
have killfile capability. Registered Agent costs $29 and
has a 30-day free trial period.

Both are available at: http://www.forteinc.com .

It's a whole different experience than spit Outlook
Express spit.

Pat

Old 19-08-2003, 04:32 PM
Waldo Centini

t0xicmarie surprised us with

Can anyone help this network engineer find a better newsgroup reader,
please? I am getting really tired of Outlook Express, but haven't been
into newsgroups much, til now.

Cheers, in advance.

Marie in LosAngeles.

Absolutely free, and absolutely very good: Xnews. Try google for url.

--
Waldo

*** Is This A Dead Parrot I See Before Me ***
To respond through email remove removespam
Old 19-08-2003, 05:02 PM
Grandpa

Steve Calvin wrote:

Personally, I use standard Netscape. Works fine for me.

Ditto, Netscape works just fine for me too.

Old 19-08-2003, 05:22 PM
Jim W

t0xicmarie wrote:

Can anyone help this network engineer find a better newsgroup reader,
please? I am getting really tired of Outlook Express, but haven't been into
newsgroups much, til now.

Cheers, in advance.

Marie in LosAngeles.

Take you're pick: