Old 05-09-2003, 02:42 PM
Martin

Default Stopping grass growing between brick pavers?

We have a new path made from brick pavers. Some grass seed, scattered
over-enthusiastically, has gotten into the spaces between the bricks.

We are looking for a grass killer, preferably a fine solid type that won't
migrate out of the path and kill the grass bordering the edges. And won't
stain the brick (Holland pavers) which is a light tan color.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA, Marty

Old 05-09-2003, 05:12 PM
Joseph Meehan

I also suggest RoundUp.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

et...

Old 05-09-2003, 05:22 PM
John Hall

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 13:37:18 GMT, "Martin"
wrote:

We have a new path made from brick pavers. Some grass seed, scattered
over-enthusiastically, has gotten into the spaces between the bricks.

We are looking for a grass killer, preferably a fine solid type that won't
migrate out of the path and kill the grass bordering the edges. And won't
stain the brick (Holland pavers) which is a light tan color.

Potassium chlorate. This used to be sold as a weed (everything)
killer, but since its rise in popularity by b o m b makers, it may be
difficult to obtain.

--
John W Hall
Cochrane, Alberta, Canada.

Old 05-09-2003, 07:02 PM
Vox Humana

wrote:

We have a new path made from brick pavers. Some grass seed, scattered
over-enthusiastically, has gotten into the spaces between the bricks.

We are looking for a grass killer, preferably a fine solid type that

won't
migrate out of the path and kill the grass bordering the edges. And

won't
stain the brick (Holland pavers) which is a light tan color.

Potassium chlorate. This used to be sold as a weed (everything)
killer, but since its rise in popularity by b o m b makers, it may be
difficult to obtain.

I have had some success with a propane torch. Also allowing moss to grow
between the pavers seems to preclude the growth of weeds.

Old 05-09-2003, 08:22 PM
Dave Gower

"Martin" wrote in message
et...
We have a new path made from brick pavers. Some grass seed, scattered
over-enthusiastically, has gotten into the spaces between the bricks.

We are looking for a grass killer, preferably a fine solid type that won't
migrate out of the path and kill the grass bordering the edges

If you're in area that has winter ice, sidewalk salt works wonders at
killing plants. I've found out the hard way.

Old 05-09-2003, 11:32 PM
Chelsea Christenson

Vox Humana wrote:

I have had some success with a propane torch. Also allowing moss to grow
between the pavers seems to preclude the growth of weeds.

Assuming you don't consider moss a weed...

Old 08-09-2003, 07:02 AM
Chris Owens

Martin wrote:

We have a new path made from brick pavers. Some grass seed, scattered
over-enthusiastically, has gotten into the spaces between the bricks.

We are looking for a grass killer, preferably a fine solid type that won't
migrate out of the path and kill the grass bordering the edges. And won't
stain the brick (Holland pavers) which is a light tan color.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA, Marty

Boiling water; pour it over the grass in the bricks, let the
grass sit for a day or two, and it will pull right out. If you
are careful in your pouring, the water won't even reach the
borders. Granular weed killer WILL migrate with rain.

Chris Owens

Old 08-09-2003, 06:02 PM
Zemedelec

cheap vinegar; get it in gallon bottles. Use it at the beginning of a sunny
day. The weeds will eventually come back, but not for a month or so.
zemedelec