Old 15-09-2003, 10:23 PM
Fleemo

Default Disappointing Dahlias and Crumby Crocosmia

Despite a good showing from much of my garden this year, I was
disappointed that my dahlias and my crocosmia (Lucifer) put on a
lackluster performance. I only got one dahlia plant to bloom at all
this year, an Amy's star. The rest got quite large in size, but did
not flower at all. Not yet anyway. What could have caused the
non-blooming, doyasuppose?

This is my first year with crocosmia, and out of five bladed stalks,
only one ever bloomed. Do they have some additional requirements that
I'm unaware of?

-Fleemo in Zone 10
Old 16-09-2003, 01:02 AM
Starlord

Zone 10, most likly they got to hot during the summer, they do like it a bit
cooler.

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord

"Fleemo" wrote in message
m...
Despite a good showing from much of my garden this year, I was
disappointed that my dahlias and my crocosmia (Lucifer) put on a
lackluster performance. I only got one dahlia plant to bloom at all
this year, an Amy's star. The rest got quite large in size, but did
not flower at all. Not yet anyway. What could have caused the
non-blooming, doyasuppose?

This is my first year with crocosmia, and out of five bladed stalks,
only one ever bloomed. Do they have some additional requirements that
I'm unaware of?

-Fleemo in Zone 10

---