Old 02-10-2003, 07:02 AM
John Gowland

Default identifying some flowers

A while ago I asked for some help in identifying some flowers. I am asking
againJ

http://members.iinet.net.au/~jgowland/flowers_4.htm

There are two of them.

Can anyone help?

John

Old 02-10-2003, 08:02 AM
David Hill

It would help to see their leaves as well, esp. for your "Rose"
The first makes me think of Erythrina crista-galli

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 02-10-2003, 09:02 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Agreed. There is not enough of the plants in the pictures for them to be
identified with any certainty.

That was probably pointed out the first time you posted the pictures.

Old 02-10-2003, 02:22 PM
animaux

The first one may be a coral bean.

http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plan...Bidwillii.html

Second may be a camellia? Don't know, but it does look like my rosa rugosa.

Victoria

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 13:48:58 +0800, "John Gowland"
opined:

Old 02-10-2003, 05:32 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

The first is most definitely an Erythrina but no way of knowing which one.
The genus includes everything from annuals, geophytic perennials, shrubs and
trees.