Old 06-10-2003, 03:32 AM
jrstark

Default Hey paghat!

I just bought some Blue Pearl crocus bulbs today, and searched for them
on google. Your page is number 4. Great article, thanks!

Anyone know how early they will bloom in Chicago?

I'm planning on planting them near the patio, across and down from my
Clifford's Good Morning spiderwort (like Osprey, but more purple in the
center with a blush down the petals). It was blooming when I bought it
on Easter, hoping they may overlap a little.

I was going to line them up along the path, but most of the photos I've
seen have them clumped. Which is better?

This is a long narrow bed along a path, usually has a lot of creeping
charley (ground ivy) so that will come up early. I planted some cheddar
pinks a few weeks ago, also a couple winter pansies. Still thinking of
putting a moneywort in there too, haven't found a spot for it yet.

Janine