Old 07-10-2003, 07:02 AM
Curly

Default Indoor Seedlings?

I am interested in growing indoor plants or herbs from seedlings.

Where can I get info on how to do this?

Are there any seedlings that grow indoors in a window sill that does not get
very much direct light?

Old 07-10-2003, 02:02 PM
animaux

On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 05:48:14 GMT, "Curly"
opined:

I am interested in growing indoor plants or herbs from seedlings.

Where can I get info on how to do this?

Are there any seedlings that grow indoors in a window sill that does not get
very much direct light?

Not really. First, what are you going to grow?

Victoria
Old 08-10-2003, 06:32 AM
Curly

I would grow anything that would grow inside my apt. which does not get much
light. The window sills get a limited amount of direct light. I have 2
succulents that have been doing very well in the window sill for a couple of
years.I would like to try pretty much anything that could grow from
seedlings.

Old 10-10-2003, 03:02 AM
Françoise

I can also grow anything on the windowsills or in front of my different w=
indows,
but I was not too successful with seeds. When I got the lights over them,=
it was
instant success.

Fran=E7oise.

Old 10-10-2003, 02:12 PM
Frogleg

Curly wrote:

I would grow anything that would grow inside my apt. which does not get much
light. The window sills get a limited amount of direct light. I have 2
succulents that have been doing very well in the window sill for a couple of
years.I would like to try pretty much anything that could grow from
seedlings.

Do you mean "from seed"? While the strict meaning of "seedling" is any
plant grown from seed, the term is more usually applied to a very
young plant (grown from seed). These are rarely available
commercially.

Plants need light. Conventional "houseplants" have lower light
requirements than plants usually grown outdoors in full sun, so if you
just want 'plants,' that's the place to start. With abundant indoor
light, some normally outdoor plants will survive and grow, 'though not
as vigorously. You can supplement your lack of sunlight with
artificial lights, but the bottom line is that plants don't grow well
in the dark. Or even the dim. This is why I bought a greenhouse. :-)
Got tired of starting tomatoes that grew 4 leaves on 6" stems in a
"bright" window. Even the African Violet that seemed reasonably happy
on a windowsill, grew *prodigiously* when the bush outside the window
was pruned.

[IMG] code is On

[IBC] Easy species for indoor/outdoor bonsai culture? Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 12-02-2003 01:55 AM
Indoor Miniature Roses A Stafford Roses 2 06-02-2003 09:06 PM
Indoor Lighting-System news Orchids 12 06-02-2003 04:43 AM
Indoor Winter Tomatoes in NH King Pineapple Edible Gardening 2 02-02-2003 05:57 PM
[IBC] Indoor area for tropicals Ben Griffin Bonsai 3 29-01-2003 10:51 PM