Old 13-10-2003, 11:22 PM
John Letendre

Default Troy built

Anyone know where online to get parts for a troy built #47278 Chipper??
I need a blade.
Thanks,
John

Old 14-10-2003, 03:42 PM
Mike Davis

Presumably you've tried the manufacturer?
http://troybilt.custhelp.com/cgi-bin...duser/home.php

Mike D.

Old 14-10-2003, 04:02 PM
Retiredff

Mike Davis wrote:
Presumably you've tried the manufacturer?
http://troybilt.custhelp.com/cgi-bin...duser/home.php

Mike D.

"John Letendre" wrote in message
Anyone know where online to get parts for a troy built #47278
Chipper?? I need a blade.
Thanks,
John

Depending on when it was built, the manufacturer (Troy-Bilt) is either out
of business, or worthless MTD sold it under the Troy-Bilt name.

Old 16-10-2003, 12:42 PM
Dan D.

"John Letendre" wrote in message ...
You can't order parts on-line from troy bilt

The earlier response is correct. The original Troy Built company is
bankrupt.
If you have a Troy Built "anything" your best bet is to check
the yellow pages or go to http://swithboard.com and look up
Troy Built.
Call dealers (ie places that sell and service) and hope to find someone
with parts still on the shelf.

Now if you have something that is an MTD-Troybuilt you should be
able to get parts.

I needed a leaf/screen for my chipper vac. Found a used one at a
dealer. It was really used. I had to pound it back into shape
when I got it home. He only charged me full new price for it too ;-((

Good luck, this is one case where you'll probably have to let your
fingers do the walking on the phone instead of the pc.

Peace! Dan D. Louisville KY good ole USA
http://ky-dan.com

Old 16-10-2003, 03:22 PM
Roy

A lot of parts for the original Troy built machines are extremely
difficult to find anymore. My neighbors Troy Horse Pro is in need of
tranny parts, which he has yet to be able to find. Those dealers that
do have a stock of the original parts seem to be jacking up prices to
take advantage of the situation. Parts from MTD in general sucks.
They don';t seem to keep much in the line of a lot of parts if the
machine is just a few years old. Guess it gives credence to throwaway
merchandise

On 16 Oct 2003 04:36:09 -0700, (Dan D.) wrote:

==="John Letendre" wrote in message ...
=== You can't order parts on-line from troy bilt
===
[...]

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

[IMG] code is On

Recommendations on older Troy-built and Crafstmen ChipperVacs andlawn vacs USENET READER Lawns 2 23-12-2004 11:39 PM
Troy Built 5.5 HP 4-in-1 Chipper Shredder Vacuum Opinions/Reviews Bill Lawns 2 25-08-2004 01:06 PM
Troy built chipper John Letendre Lawns 1 14-10-2003 02:12 AM
Anyone built there own polytunnel ?? gray bale United Kingdom 2 10-05-2003 08:26 PM
Anyone built there own polytunnel ?? gray bale United Kingdom 3 21-04-2003 09:08 PM