Old 18-10-2003, 01:32 PM
Mceezee

Default Growing indoor plants for outdoor next spring

What type of plants can I grow over the fall/winter to be put outside next
spring?

I had a kalanchoe (sp?) which I had outside this year and just brought inside.
Are there any type plants similar to this that I can use inside and then come
spring, take outdoors?

Old 18-10-2003, 04:02 PM
SAS567

What type of plants can I grow over the fall/winter to be put outside next
spring?

I had a kalanchoe (sp?) which I had outside this year and just brought
inside.
Are there any type plants similar to this that I can use inside and then come
spring, take outdoors?

Here are just a few of the plants that I bring in the house in the fall and put
back outside in the spring,,, Asparagus Fern, Oxalis, Pointsettia, Tuberous
Begonias, Geraninum, Vinca Vine.
Sue in Mi. (Zone 5)
Old 18-10-2003, 04:02 PM
Pam - gardengal

"Mceezee" wrote in message

What type of plants can I grow over the fall/winter to be put outside next
spring?

I had a kalanchoe (sp?) which I had outside this year and just brought

inside.
Are there any type plants similar to this that I can use inside and then

come
spring, take outdoors?

Not sure exactly what you are asking, but all my houseplants summer outside
each year, only to return indoors when the weather cools in fall. I call it
the houseplant vacation plan :-)) Plants like the Thanksgiving and Christmas
cacti particularly like this routine - they set buds almost immediately
after returning indoors and are in bloom in just a matter of weeks. I also
take cuttings of coleus each fall, root them and winter them over as
houseplants before setting them out into containers in the garden come
spring. You can do the same for fancy leaf or scented geraniums - regular
geraniums as well, although they tend to overwinter pretty easily here on
their own.

pam - gardengal

Old 19-10-2003, 02:32 AM
animaux

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 14:48:29 GMT, "Pam - gardengal"
opined:

"Mceezee" wrote in message

[...]

I did that too till I had a huge container full of fire ants. I never do that
any more! Matter of fact, I am trying to get rid of all my houseplants. They
are more a pain than not, and I have a greenhouse for my fix in winter. I don't
put houseplants in it because it is an incredible waste of floor space. I'm
getting pretty good and dumping houseplants on the compost pile! I'm not
talking about prized performers, like shlumburgia, but just things which are
very unhappy.

[IMG] code is On

INDOOR AND OUTDOOR DECOR [email protected] Lawns 0 06-11-2003 05:02 AM
[IBC] Indoor/outdoor? sam crowell Bonsai 4 25-09-2003 09:37 PM
Indoor/outdoor? Dynamic Bonsai 0 25-09-2003 07:02 PM
[IBC] Easy species for indoor/outdoor bonsai culture? Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 12-02-2003 01:55 AM
Easy species for indoor/outdoor bonsai culture? 257roberts Bonsai 0 12-02-2003 12:55 AM