Old 21-10-2003, 05:22 AM
pammycv

Default Dahlia cultivation

I've just pulled up the dahlia tubers from the ground and am left
standing with three large bunches of them. What to do now? Just read
that I should have left them in the ground until the first frost
killed off the stems, but too late for that; here in Tennessee we
might not have a frost for weeks yet. Anyone know how to winter these
babies? In peat moss? Dry? In the refrigerator? In the basement?
In a place of honor on my mantle? Maybe I could get my dog to sit on
them and incubate them until spring. . .

I'm also interested in how to grow hosta and daylilies from seed and
would appreciate some advice or referral to a source of information.

The indoor cultivation, planning for next spring, choosing bulbs for
forcing in a few months -- all are wonderful aspects of autumn
gardening, as well as the protective job of winterizing the garden.
John Donne said, "In heaven it is always autumn."

Pam, the autumn lover
Old 21-10-2003, 04:22 PM
Starlord

The Worlds best Dahlia info can be found by joining the Dahlia-net:

or

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Ad World
http://adworld.netfirms.com

"pammycv" wrote in message
m...
[...]

---

Old 21-10-2003, 08:02 PM
David Hill

Try http://www.dahlias.net/dahwebpg/Cult...ex/Culture.htm

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

[IMG] code is On

Lemon Cultivation Chookie Australia 4 21-12-2003 09:32 PM
Help! - Dracaena cultivation gaxfax Australia 2 04-12-2003 10:02 PM
Grow Bag Cultivation welshuser United Kingdom 3 11-06-2003 03:56 PM
Rice cultivation's effectiveness in Japan's history joeru sci.agriculture 0 29-04-2003 12:20 PM
Datura metel 'La fleur lilac' cultivation Trevor Appleton United Kingdom 1 27-04-2003 12:32 PM