Old 22-10-2003, 02:32 AM
NAearthMOM

Default Should I bring in eucalyptus plant in zone 6b for winter???????

Thanks for any & all advice!

Love Caryn
"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"
Old 22-10-2003, 03:12 AM
Wanda from West Virginia

NAearthMOM wrote:
Thanks for any & all advice!

Love Caryn
"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"

Definitely bring it in. Eucalyptus is marginal even in 7B.

Old 22-10-2003, 09:12 PM
M. Tiefert

In article , Wanda from West Virginia wrote:
NAearthMOM wrote:
Thanks for any & all advice!

Love Caryn
"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"

Definitely bring it in. Eucalyptus is marginal even in 7B.

What do you mean bey Eucalyptus? - there are at least 300 species of
eucalypts.

cheers,

Marj

* * *
Marj Tiefert: http://www.mindspring.com/~mtiefert/
Mediterranean Garden Shop: http://stores.tiefert.com/garden/
In Sunset zone 14-mild
Old 22-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Wanda from West Virginia

M. Tiefert wrote:

What do you mean bey Eucalyptus? - there are at least 300 species of
eucalypts.

cheers,

Marj

Why, the kind that grows in a pot, silly.

Old 23-10-2003, 02:32 AM
zhanataya

On 22 Oct 2003 01:23:55 GMT, arden (NAearthMOM)
wrote:

Thanks for any & all advice!

Love Caryn
"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"

Only if you want to keep it alive.

zhan

Old 24-10-2003, 01:02 AM
David Hare-Scott

"NAearthMOM" wrote in message

There are over 700 species of Eucalyptus (and related genera that look
similar to Eucalyptus and may be called that) that are adapted to
tropical, temperate, desert and alpine regions of Australia. Some are
quite frost tolerant, especially when mature, but by no means all.

Most occur in areas that would be equivalent to USDA zones 8-10 but the
alpine areas that some are native to are zone 7 so if you had one suited
for that it MIGHT overwinter in 6b. The rest are likely to do very
poorly.

What species is it?

David

Old 24-10-2003, 01:02 AM
NAearthMOM

I have no clue what species it is. I really need to save all the nursery tags
for now on.

HEY zhan what's cooking!