Old 26-10-2003, 03:02 AM
Hawkeye

Default Stange "dust"

Can someone please tell me what may be leaving/making a strange white "dust"
in a shaded portion of my yard. I just moved back to the U.S. from overseas,
and have never seen anything like this before. I just moved to Maryland and
have noticed that there is an area in my yard that looks as if someone has
"dusted" the grass with some sort of powder. It is white in color and
scatters like dust when I shift it with my boots.

Thanks in advance,
Hawkeye

Old 26-10-2003, 04:12 AM
Sed5555

Can someone please tell me what may be leaving/making a strange white "dust"
in a shaded portion of my yard.

Powdery Mildew. See:
http://www.colostate.edu/Depts/CoopE...s/turfdise.htm
sed5555
Old 26-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Andrew Ostrander

There is a strange white dust all over my yard this morning. It has been
identified as snow.

news

Old 27-10-2003, 01:22 AM
Hawkeye

Hehehe! Seriously, that is a good one! Hope it wasn't TOO deep as to be much
of a danger!

Hawkeye

"Andrew Ostrander" wrote in message
There is a strange white dust all over my yard this morning. It has been
identified as snow.

"Hawkeye" wrote in message
news
Can someone please tell me what may be leaving/making a strange white

"dust"
in a shaded portion of my yard. I just moved back to the U.S. from

overseas,
and have never seen anything like this before. I just moved to Maryland

and
have noticed that there is an area in my yard that looks as if someone

has
"dusted" the grass with some sort of powder. It is white in color and
scatters like dust when I shift it with my boots.

Thanks in advance,
Hawkeye

[IMG] code is On

Tis better to be Gills "Chew Toy" than one of Roy "Tristain" Hauer's "SOCKS" Tristan Ponds 0 03-01-2007 02:39 PM
Stange worm Newbie Bill Ponds 3 20-01-2005 03:19 AM
blackberries & "yellow dust?" Carl e Roberts Gardening 0 23-07-2003 01:42 AM
... and another one bites the dust. Geir Harris Hedemark Orchids 7 26-02-2003 04:03 AM
Rock dust Judanne Permaculture 12 26-12-2002 11:14 AM