Old 10-11-2003, 12:42 AM
The Puppy Wizard

Default Let's do a collection ....

HOWEDY liea,

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message
news:YQArb.112859$mZ5.755007@attbi_s54...

The natural protection and territory myth goes like this.
Take a nice friendly, pet dog. Treat it well within the family.
Give it no particular training. The dog will naturally fight to
the death any intruders who come on the property meaning
to do harm to family members.

So long as you don't HURT the dog that's probably so.

The dog can smell who means harm and who is a friend.

That's idiocy, liea. Like jerkin and choking your
dog Cubbe on a pronged spiked pinch choke
collar and shocking her, liea.

Meanwhile,

Meanwhile, your dog Cubbe ATTACKED your
only friend and a neighbor's dog and tried to
get a couple kids, to boot.

That's on accHOWENT of you abuse your dog, liea.

the dog will learn where the property ends and
stay on it without a fence.

Only takes a couple minutes to perimeter train
a dog, ask Misty. You got her dog Peaches DEAD
on her tellin her a shock fence is humane.

I run into this myth all the time.

You're a dog abuser and a mental case, liea.

--Lia

Here's proof:

HOWEDY liea,

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message

The guy you're responding to

You mean, The Puppy Wizard.

has been infesting the dog groups for years.

Since you been hurting your dog, remember liea?
Your dog Cubbe began turning on you soon as
The Puppy Wizard came on the WWW.

You've been HURTING your dog ever since, and
complainin abHOWET The Puppy Wizard EXXXPOSING
YOU as a liar and dog abuser and MENTAL CASE.

He's the troll that doesn't going away.

That's cause you continue HURTING dogs and
LYING abHOWET it.

We're talking about literally hundreds of messages
daily all filled with reposted old messages from years
earlier.

You mean, your own posting history of hurting
your dog and her hurting your friends and neighbors
and escaping your shock fence, liea.

All the regulars have him killfiled.

Cause all the regulars are liars and dog
abusers and MENTAL CASES like yourself, liea.

Periodically when no one answers him
(because he's killfiled),

You read The Puppy Wizard's posts first, liea.

he begins crossposting to unrelated groups.

Only to EMBARRASS you, liea.

Please just ignore him,

And ignore your animal abuse, liea? You'd LIKE that.

or if you must argue, remove the crossposts.

So you don't get EMBARRASSED, liea?

Here's the canned message on the subject.

Here's your posting history. You're a liar and
dog abuser and MENTAL CASE:

Cubbe and head shaking
Date: 2003-10-28 20:50:28 PST

HOWEDY liea,

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message

Some of you may remember the saga of "All My Vets"
in which Jim and Julia go off into the wilds of New England
searching for a veterinarian who is close to home, reasonably
priced,

You mean, a economy vet.

has boarding,

Ethical vets don't board healthy dogs in clinics.

gives good diagnoses and medical advice

See above.

and does lightening fast exams given that Cubbe
does not tolerate being held still and prodded well.

BWEEEAAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

Today we decided to forgo the close to home part
and drive 40 minutes out of our way to the vet we
used to go to before he moved. Then we learned
that the guy we liked was working in the surgery
so we drove all that way to get a different lady

Yeah... you shoulda called first.

who turned out to be quite nice

That's nice.

(and from Russia which is cool), but if we were
going to try someone new, why do all the driving.

Right... forty miles is an investment.

To make matters worse (or better in that ironic way),
Cubbe does NOT have an ear infection.

HOWE abHOWET that.

Her ears are fine.

INDEED.

There's no evidence of bacterial or yeast infection at all.

So that means Cubbe's AFFLICTION is a OCD.

The only thing Olga could recommend was to
give her more exercise so she'll be more tired
at night and not wake me up with shaking.

BWEEEAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

She thought it might be allergies, but we checked
her for fleas, and she's not chewing on her forelegs.
In any case, she said we might give her Benedryl to
see if that helps, and we have some earwash we
can squirt in.

BWEEEAAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

Jim suggested (through gritted teeth) that the
problem is psychosomatic,

INDEED.

and not on the dog's part.

Well, you DID CAUSE her anxiety disorder.

(He never thought the problem warranted a
vet visit in the first place.)

RIGHT!

Basically, Cubbe has a new hobby, and that's shaking.

Yeah. It's a obsessive compulsive disorder, like
professor lyin doc SCRUFF SHAKE dermer's little
dog Maxie The Magnificent FuriHOWESLY Obsessive
Compulsive Masturbator.

She even demonstrated in the office as we were
getting ready to go by shaking 3 times in succession.

Yeah. That's anxiHOWESNESS.

I have to conclude that shaking has become, for
Cubbe, a superstition in the way Karen Pryor uses
the word.

karen pryor killed her kat cause she couldn't train IT
not to crap in her stove top.

At some point, Cubbe shook,

As a SUBTERFUGE to get HOWETA puttin
on your pronged spiked pinch choke collar.

and got rewarded by having her leash put on for a walk.

BWEEAAAHAHAHAHAA!!!

Now Cubbe shakes several times in the process
of being hooked up.

On accHOWENT of YOU HURT HER.

If we take our time putting on coats or making sure
we have plastic bags, she shakes several more times.
She shakes coming in from a walk; she shakes when
she wakes up; she shakes when getting comfortable.

She's got a nerveHOWES disorder from being abused, liea.

I have no idea what goes on in that doggy brain

FEAR. That's HOWE COME she attacked your only
friend and them kids and the other dog, lia.

when it comes to shaking.

You SHOCK and CHOKE her, liea.

--Lia

"I'd call the SHOCK fence effective and safe.
Humane is one of those hot words that people
can debate all day so I won't touch that one.
There are people who would call a regular chain
link fence inhumane," liea altshuller.

Here's Cubbe ATTACKING a neighbor's dog just
last week, and previHOWEsly attacking liea's only
friend and assaulting a couple kids and escaping
her surrHOWEND SHOCK SYSTEM, which MADE
HER AGGRESSIVE:

From: Julia Altshuler )
Subject: Cubbe report: Chief
Date: 2003-09-12 21:04:11 PST

Chief if my neighbor Jo's 40# 1 1/2 year old Sheltie.
Jim has been running into them on his morning walks
with Cubbe. For a week he's been feeding me glowing
reports about how Cubbe is terrific with Chief.

Cubbe has never been particularly wonderful with any
other dog, so terrible in fact that I'd despaired at ever
seeing Cubbe frolic and play with other dogs.

I'd resigned myself to the idea that Cubbe is happy
with her people, her yard, her squirrels, her spot on
the couch, and that makes a pretty good life, one
that doesn't involve the companionship of her own
species. Jim's reports were encouraging.

Jim convinced Jo to bring Chief over for a playdate.
We put Cubbe on a leash so she could meet Chief
again on neutral territory. They sniffed as dogs
normally do.

Chief and Cubbe entered the front door. To my
amazement, all was fine. Out in the backyard
and off leash, Cubbe didn't pay much attention
to Chief, but there was no trouble even though
she and Chief were close to each other.

Both dogs seemed more interested that their
people were handing out treats (for good behaviors
like SITs).

Jim went into the house for some balls thinking the 2
dogs would like to chase them together. He did not
consult me about this hare brained scheme.

Jo and I were 5 feet away from the dogs when Cubbe
decided to attack Chief. She's not an experienced fighter
so I don't know if attack is the right word. She was snarfing,
making growly noises, jumping on Chief, had her mouth on
Chief's neck (on his back, behind his ears) and basically not
looking friendly, but I think if she'd wanted to do real damage,
she would have, and Chief was fine, nary a hair out of place.

Naturally with us all right there, we were able to intervene in
seconds.

A second later, it was all over. Cubbe looked like she'd
like to be friends again, but Chief, while not running away
or anything was obviously spooked and keeping his distance. Jo
and Chief went home. (I went with them for chat and
apologies, but that's not part of the Cubbe story.)

Cubbe has never food or toy guarded with people. Might
she have been guarding the balls Jim brought out? Or
was it the fact that we let our guard down for a few seconds
and she got scared of Chief when we all weren't practically
on top of her? Or did we push her too far by leaving her and
Chief together for too many minutes when a few seconds
would have been better for a first try? Or other theories?

Do we continue trying to find a dog that will put up with
Cubbe? Or do we give up again and go back to letting
Cubbe live a dogless existence?

--Lia

===================

"It Was Horrible! I Let Cubbe Out In The Backyard With
Her Usual ZAP Collar - The 10 Year Old Child Went To
Give Cubbe A Hug She Gave A Snarl-Snap Cubbe Got
Out In The Neighborhood Leashless From:

Julia F N Altshuler )
Subject: 1 step forward, 2 steps back
Date: 2001-01-07 19:28:05 PST

Cubbe got out in the neighborhood leashless for the first time
in roughly 2 years. The first few times were when we first got
her before she'd had any training and before we got the
electric fence to reinforce the physical one.

It was horrible. She paid us no attention, ignored clickers
and treats and calls. Make that, it was horrible for us. She
had a blast running free and chasing whatever she wanted. For
us it was 45 minutes of sheer terror as we tried to catch her.
Luckily there wasn't too much traffic yesterday morning. It
had snowed, and the streets weren't quite clear yet. Jim
finally caught her when she was preoccupied with her head down a
hole.

For 2 years I've been giving her a daily long walk in the
neighborhood. She now walks pretty nicely on a leash. She gets
daily indoor clicker training sessions. She has perfect
recalls in the house. She gets intermittent treats for those
recalls. She gets plenty of time to run free in the backyard.
Her recalls are less reliable there, but I've been working on
them. I haven't been as good about introducing the variable
reinforcement there, but I have been good about making sure
that she's never tricked into coming into the house when she'd
rather be outside. I always call her, give her a treat or
praise and let her go again.

So I haven't been a perfect dog trainer, but I don't think I'm
a terrible one. I say that because I'm about to ask y'all for
some help in correcting my mistakes, and while I don't mind
criticism for past mistakes, I am hoping you'll concentrate on
what I should do now.

Yesterday morning Cubbe had had some nice backyard time. I'd
gotten her into the house and was preparing to leave when she
escaped straight through the front door and right in front of
our noses. She was still wearing the zap collar, but the
battery was low. She gave a small yip when she went over the
wire, and the chase ensued.

We were careful not to scold her once she was caught.

Today I let her out in the backyard with her usual zap collar
now with a fresh battery. She was waiting by the backdoor to
come in when I went to call her. From her excited behavior, I
could tell that she fully expected to be let out the front
door again so she could have another fun romp in the
neighborhood. I'm so filled with anxiety from yesterday's
escapade that I keep checking for her every time I open the
door.

Later in the afternoon, she was much worse
about coming when called even from the backyard.

My specific questions:

How do I teach recalls when she so clearly knows
when she's in a confined space and when she isn't?

She normally only wears the zap collar when she's in the
backyard because the wire goes around the house and could zap her
when she's near certain windows inside. If I let her get
zapped at the front door with the zap collar, can I still take
the zap collar off and walk her out the front door with her
leash on? I don't want her to become afraid of the front door.

What's the best emergency procedure if, god forbid, it should
happen again?

Might Cubbe be ready for harsher training techniques? By this
I mean, I've been using clicker and treats for Cubbe because
she so obviously freaked when we used leash corrections and
scoldings when we first got her.

I know this is a hard subject to bring up without starting the
whole cruelty thread again so I'll state my opinion once and
won't defend it further: any method can be cruel for some
dogs.

Even the slightest punishment was wrong for Cubbe at the
beginning, but we've come a long way since then. She trusts
us now as I mentioned in a recent post. Point is, she's been
rewarded for coming, but she's never been punished, even in
the mildest way, for not coming.

Is it time for that?

What might I look for to tell?

Last night we had friends over for dinner with their 3
daughters ages 14, 10 and 7. The girls loved Cubbe and were
having a blast clicker training her. I was impressed with how
quickly they caught on and how little correction they needed
to be consistent with the clicks and treats. Cubbe was fine
with the children; she always has been. Just as they were
getting ready to go, the 10 year old went to give Cubbe a hug.
Cubbe must have felt threatened and confined because she gave a
snarl-snap.

I was right there, and without thinking I quickly yelled,
turned Cubbe over on her back, got in the face and let her
know that no snarling is allowed. The girl wasn't frightened
at all, and her parents who were also right there hadn't
realized what had happened. I then asked the snarlee to rub
Cubbe's belly further to reinforce that Cubbe is the
submissive one in that relationship. I let Cubbe up and all
was fine.

I suppose that's another issue, but I bring it up as part of
wondering if Cubbe should be trained with punishments now.
Like I said, I did that without thinking, and now I think it
was the right thing to do. So how do I apply this to dealing
with Cubbe the escapee?

--Lia

===================

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message

I need help deciding if I have a real problem with Cubbe
that needs immediate attention or if I'm imagining trouble
where there is none.

Here's what happened last April the way I described it to
a friend at the time:

I'm worried about Cubbe. Or rather, I'm kicking myself for
doing something stupid. Ellie has been over many times and
has always gotten along great with Cubbe. Cubbe is always
at the door when I let Ellie in.

She's barky-protective but then stops barking once Ellie is
inside. She's never shown any real aggression. The other
night Ellie and I went out together to run an errand.

Ellie was coming in the house with packages so I came in
first and put Cubbe in the bedroom with Jim so Ellie could
get through the door more easily. I could hear Cubbe
barking. Once Ellie was inside, I opened the bedroom door
for Cubbe. She ran out to attack the intruder. Ellie was
trying to be friendly.

Ellie put a tooth in Ellie's finger. Granted the resulting
scratch was no worse than the way my cuticles bleed when
they get dry and I don't rub lotion into them every night,
but Ellie was understandably scared.

Jim ran out and got control of Cubbe right away. I got
Ellie some alcohol and a bandage. The scary thing is that,
even though the damage is minor, it does qualify as a bite
since Cubbe did mean to do it. I guess I should just learn
from it and never let Cubbe greet someone like that again,
but I'm horribly torn up.

I've said that I would never keep an aggressive dog. Now
the whole issue is so complicated. Cubbe is great even
with kids when we meet them in the neighborhood.

Since then I've been careful not to do anything like that.

Then Halloween night Cubbe spent most of the night in the
computer room with Jim while I answered the door. She did
bark each time she heard the doorbell ring. We did nothing
to discourage that. We want her to be barky protective so
it made sense for her to bark when she heard people in the
neighborhood, especially at night. Later in the evening,
Jim put Cubbe on a leash and was hanging out with her in the
front hall while I still got the door. One of the first
people to come to the door once she was out of the computer
room was our neighbor Nicky.

I think Nicky is 11 now. He's known Cubbe since we got her
4 years ago, has always liked her, petted her and asked to
come on walks. Nick lifted his mask on the porch so I'd
know who it was. Then I invited him into the hall to pet
Cubbe.

Cubbe snarled and sort of air snapped at him. Of course
Jim was right there so no damage was done. Nick didn't
even have to draw his hand away, and he didn't get scared.
Nothing scares that boy.

I don't like this. Twice now Cubbe has been overly
protective-aggressive when people have entered the house.
Both times they've been people she knows and should like.
She's wonderfully nice to people on walks. We don't have
guests over too often so I can't comment if it's a growing
thing or not.

Comments please. Is this a major growing aggression
problem?

I'd guess it's territoriality about the house and yard.
What do I do about it?

I usually put Cubbe on a leash when friends come over
and then walk her outside while the friend gets out of
her car, and then we walk in together.

She'll still bark when they're in the house and then
calm down. Is that a good idea? Should I be
doing something more to make sure this doesn't escalate?
--Lia

Old 10-11-2003, 02:22 AM
Wanda in West Virginai

The Puppy Wizard wrote:
HOWEDY liea,

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message

The natural protection and territory myth goes like this.
Take a nice friendly, pet dog. Treat it well within the family.

snipped a whole lot of drivel

I wish you had that God-damned dog up your ass!

Old 10-11-2003, 06:32 PM
The Puppy Wizard

"Wanda in West Virginai" wrote in
message ...

The Puppy Wizard wrote:
HOWEDY liea,

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message

The natural protection and territory myth goes like this.
Take a nice friendly, pet dog. Treat it well within the

family.

snipped a whole lot of drivel

I wish you had that God-damned dog up your ass!

MENTAL ILLNESS IN RPD*
Mental illness is a public issue in these newsgroups.
People are always running around calling other people
mentally ill and diagnosing their illnesses. I think it's only
fair that we have an accurate list of who is and who isn't
mentally ill, so that we can avoid any misunderstandings
and promote group harmony.

here is our latest crazy person update, including our
latest wacko, kelly aka, culprit, a systems engineer
at Microsoft, proving that Bill Gates does not discriminate
against crazy people.

RPD* Ment_ally Ill All_StaRz as of 10/9/03

lyinglynn writes to a new foster care giver:
For barking in the crate - leave the leash on and
pass it through the crate door. Attach a line to it.
When he barks, use the line for a correction.

- if necessary, go to a citronella bark collar.

Lynn K.

================

lynn kosmakos (Lithium, Zoloft, bipolar, manic,
depression) will "put down a biter
as fast as anyone" yet claims to
be a saintly dog rescuer
Lynn K. wrote:

"I used to work the Kill Room as a volunteer in
one shelter.) But their ability to set their own
schedules and duties causes a great deal of
scheduling overhead.

And it takes effort and thought to ensure that
volunteers get the meaningful experience that
they work for.

Someone has to be responsible for that
Volunteer Program, and it is best done
by a non-volunteer."

Lynn K.
---------------------------------

"I worked with one shelter where I bathed and groomed
every adoptable dog on intake. I frankly felt that the
effort/benefit equation was not balanced for some of the
older/ill poodle/terrier mixes we got in badly matted condition.

Should I have refused to groom them?

Or even more pertinent - I was one of the people who
had to make the euthanasia decisions at that shelter."

Lynn K.
--------------------------------------

"Many People Have Problems Getting The Pinch
Right, Either They Do Not Pinch Enough, Or They
Have A Very Stoic Dog. Some Dogs Will Collapse
Into A Heap. About The Ear Pinch: You Must Keep
The Pressure Up," sindy "don't let the dog SCREAM"
mooreon, author of HOWER FAQ's pages on k9 web.

You think HURTING a HUNTING DOG to
MAKE IT HUNT is NECESSARY???

I'll be you've never had to put down litters of
beautiful labrador puppies? If you had did, maybe
you'd be singing a different tune?

"Actually, have held them for the tech to euth, and
put their bodies in the trash bag and in the freezer
for the trash company to come and dispose of.

No different tune," ~Emily

"I'll bet you don't know a thing about me. I volunteered
as assistant to the euthanasia tech at our local shelter
for a while, and I know a bit about overpopulation and
unwanted animals.

This however has nothing at all to do with responsible
breeders, because responsible breeders don't contribute
to that problem," Mustang Sally.

Are those MENTAL CASES, or NOT?

Better report to Soup and update your MENTAL ILLNESS
status. The Puppy Wizard wouldn't wanna push you over
the goddamned edge and see you HURT YOURSELF
from EMBARRASSMENT.

Updated KUCKOO!! KUCKOOO! DING! DING! DING!
list as of 10/09/2003:

list of confirmed or suspected mentally ill (crazy) Regulars
Most of whom are women or homosexuals

=======================================

NESSA Successfully dethroned MaryBeth as MVP
NUTCASE (Most Valuable Psycho) of dog newsgroups
MVP Nessa blames all the problems in her life most on
ADD ADHD Or some other empowering acronymval which encapsulates
her futility for her psycho her dog bagel has
used her house liberally as a toilet since February of 2002.
Drives a 2003 Toyota Matrix, owns a house in suburban MD, recently
got a raise/promotion to US goverment grade 11
(circa $50,000) and promptly decided she couldn't afford her
two dogs. With help from non crazy regular (Paulette) and
witchcraft practicing regular Sara Sionnach, Nessa has decided to
keep her dogs for the time being. She is undergoing training
from Janet "Nice Abdominal Surgery and getting Run Over for
the Family Pet." Her results have not been dramatic.

CrAzy ReGulAr helping CraZy ReGular
Leah helping Nessa
=============================
On Fri, 7 Jun 2002 8:40:08 -0400, Leah wrote

Nessa wrote:
"As far as the depression goes, it's not
related to Bagel at all. I have chronic
major depression and I'm just having
a flare."

Leah asks
Are you on any medication?

yes for depression, mood swings and ADHD.
I have been for over 10 years.

--nessa

Nessa is Fat as well as crazy
=============================
"For what it's worth...

I picked up 30 pounds when I started
Dilantin. I picked up (just recently) another
20 on risperidol.

I hate that I was a size 8-10 before meds and
now I am solidly (pun intended) a 22-24.

Sad part is, the side effects are worth it.
The positive effects
are too much to part with."

--nessa

NESSA'S HAS A GREAT NEUROPSYCH
==============================

Hi, I have a great neuropsych in Arlington Va.
He is at the Rosyln Metro Station. His name is
Martin Stein
1911 N Fort Myer Dr.
Suite 907
Arlington Va 22209
703-807-2471
email

Marty is wonderful. He is really the best.
He has also given me permission to post his
infomation on this Newsgroup. If you call
him and see him by all means tell him Nessa
sent you.

--nessa

ROTATE YOUR STIMULANTS
=============================

from: Nessa )

Hi,

I often have to rotate my stimulants.
You can become used to them and sometimes
need a different one for a while. Until I
got on my Desoxyn I rotated Ritilan and
Dexedrine every 3 months or so.

It is true that anti-depressants or
anti-anxiety pills will help with the
stimulants so your DR is not wrong. However,
perhaps she needs to check into the idea that
a switch from cylert to something else might
be in order.

warm thoughts,
Nessa

Kelly/ severe OCD, ADD, major depression with
culprit psychotic features, panic and more. Coming
forward so that others like her will have the
strength to do the same. Like Charlie Wilkes,
she is one of our most entertraining regulars

Here, kelly/culprit talks to Mustang Sally
about her mental illness/crazy problems.
Sally is being rude and condescending (as usual)
and trying to make kelly/culprit feel bad for
being crazy, aka wacked in the head

culprit standing up for herself against rude and
condescending Mustang Sally

but i stand by the fact that OCD is an illness, major
depression with psychotic features certainly is, panic
disorder is too. and the other stuff just makes it all
the more fun.

i don't wallow in it. i'm just now learning to accept it,
because ignoring it wasn't working out too well. i need
to do that to make changes to my life so that i can become
healthy. and you say you're not trying to be condescending,
but you're doing it again. what i read was, (my paraphrasing)
"people who think they're mentally ill are wallowing in their
disabilities and letting them consume their life" you come
across as though you would be able to handle any of these
illnesses, and anyone who can't is just copping out.

well we're all different. and i don't accept your idea that i
would
have a more productive life if i denied my problems. i tried it
for years, and believe me, it didn't work very well.

-kelly

MaryBeth
FMVP (former most valuable psycho)

Has contributed greatly to the annual profit
(super psycho results at several large pharmaceutical corps
bitch lunatic has taken virtually every mentally ill (crazy)
queen of the drug treatment in the book, and then some:
mentally prozac, zoloft, amitryptiline, Buspar, Xanax,
****ed in the head

effexor, paxil, HRT, wellbutrin, tranquilizers,clomid,

has suffered from or been:
suicidal, agoraphobic, tidal waves of PMS,
mood swings, turned into a hermit, bloated,
just real angry, hubby afraid of her, high
blood pressure, divorced, "raving bitch"
"zoloft zombie" for four years, "living
through layers and layers of gauze," chain
smoker, buzzing, weight gain, fatigue,
terrible dry mouth, dull headaches, fuzzy
brain, lack of concentration..etc.
severe depression, severe insomnia, Panic
ALL the time, crying, not sleeping, you name
it...etc...

MaryBeth (on being seriously f'd in the head
aka mentally ill) aka cuckoo! kuckoo! ding! ding! ding!
aka a superpsychotic bitch from hell

"I know for a fact I went thru years of
being overly sensitive, being a b*tch,
being self centered, being self pitying,
you name it, I was a wreck and I ran over
everyone in my path."

"G I do know the power of meds, especially
on a long term basis, and it's not pretty.
You become another person, if it's not the
correct med for you.

--All the best,
MaryBeth

"Yup Diane, I am taking Zoloft, and my
Rheumatologist told me that taking
Ultram with it can cause seizures."

"I have all the symptoms.I am suicidal at
times (cyclical) have severe insomnia,
'crawly' skin etc. I have an appt to see
my doc next Friday to test for menopause."

--MaryBeth

"I noticed that antidepressants cut libido
into the dead zone and I had no real emotions,
like not laughing at funny stuff, couldn't cry
either.....except about my suicidal thoughts
(but at the time I thought there was no other
way out)."

--MaryBeth

"Hi, new to group, just starting Clomid today.
I talked with RE and pharmacist zoloft (50
mg daily) and ineraction with Clomid. They
reported none. Not sure about the prozac tho.
Gonna poat a new message to intorduce
myself "

--MaryBeth still feeling
like herself G

"I wasted about 10 years of my life, and lost
many many treasured ppl and things. Please
don't do the same. (((((((SCOUT))))))))))

--MaryBeth

"Slowly but surely my depression got worse and
worse. They put me on meds for it, and all
along kept telling me to wait on the TKR, as
'it really wasn't that bad.....yet". HA!"
The depression got so bad, and lots of other
things happened and my ex and I would up
divorced four years after our move. It was
horrible. The hardest thing I have eve gone
thru"

--MaryBeth

Theresa (paxil, depression, robot displacement)
Willis Theresa is a gang banger who comes out
of cutesy robot mode when it's time to
gang attack people with her pal shelly

shelly
couvrette Severe OCD, depression, prescribed Paxil
for mental illness, but claims she does
not take it,
resulting in an obsessive basket case
online persona. Posts more than any
other female in all dog newsgroups
(familial mental illness, possibly related
to family bed) obsessively starves her
dogs according to friends, family,
strangers and 3 different vets, but
not herself (see below). Still thinks
of herself as a five year old ballerina
despite the fact that she is a fat
adult in her mid thirties.

lynn RPD* Enemy of Dogs #1
kosmakos (Lithium, Zoloft, bipolar, manic,
depression) will "put down a biter
as fast as anyone" yet claims to
be a saintly dog rescuer.

Murders dogs because of insurance rates
Her brother was attacked by a Golden
Retriever when she was young. For
this reason, she murders easily
trainable dogs. Condemns dogs to
death who are easily trainable.
Is nice to people in person, but
her true dog hating nature comes
out on newsgroups with
extreme clarity.

Leah Effexor for chronic depression, in denial
about being mentally ill. Has taken
several other mentally ill medications
before settling on effexor for her
chronic mental problems.

Leah is improving as a dog trainer and wants
to open her own training/boarding kennel soon.
This drives her fellow mentally ill regulars nuts
(read shelly), especially if Leah succeeds while
other loonies continue to sit on their fat behinds

Tara Green was on antidepressants for a few years
prior to her marriage. During her
marriage, she learned a lot:
"With the therapist I saw during my
marriage I learned that some
situational depressions are masked as
chemical simply because of our too human
ability to prolong the impact of the
causal situations indefinitely"

Sounds like more denial, see leah

Tara is also a drunk who has also had
problems with other substances

TARA on being a drunk/substance abuser:

"Tara (who had some problems with quite a
few substances as well, but who thinks they
are separate issues.....so which camp does
that put me in???)"

"Believe it or not, some people don't have
a problem with drugs even though they are
alcoholics. I'm not one of those people,
but they do exist."

aka, tara has problems with both

Kevin various mental illness drugs, started with
Michael zoloft, didn't like that, then went to
Vail antidepressant, stopped after sufficent
side effects, now on SSRI and in therapy

Furpaw (SSRI, cognitive therapy)

Chris Jung (Prozac and Welbutrin, cognitive therapy)

Charlie drugged out, crazy, ****ed up all his
Wilkes life, Christ the shit he's been through
including psych wards and electroshock
treatments but now pulling down major cash
as a business consultant. Triumphing over
adversity, with a damn good life and a
well trained dog (very much unlike Leah)
One of our most lucid regulars, despite
(or maybe because of?) a penchant for dope
smoking.

Karen
DuChateaux suffered from clinical depression for years
aka Karibear until some drug or something brought her out
of it. Some of her best friends "are
certifiable" and have various degrees of
psychoses. Familial mental disability.
Refuses to say whether or not she is
currently using drug or cognitive therapy
for mental illness.

Mike
"DumbOxDumb" threatened non violent dog expert Jerry Howe
Dufort with Mike's fully armed US Army Platoon.
Threatened to bring his platoon to Jerry's
HOWSE. also OCD (obsessed with Jerry's posts)

Jim "Brain
Shivers" Jim is currently on Effexor which he takes
Sabatke because of his depression/mental problems.
Like many of our mental cases, Jim has had
trouble finding the right med(s) to keep him
from going kuckoo!! kuckoooo!!! or getting
the "brain shivers"

From: Jim Sabatke )
Subject: anyone using Effexor?
alt.support.depression.medication
Date: 2002-11-29 20:25:16 PST

EFFEXOR
"I'm on 375 mg/day and it has worked
wonders for me. The only down side is
that my blood pressure has elevated
somewhat; oh and if I miss a dose by a
couple of hours the "brain shivers" can
be really bad.

Good luck!

Jim"

"I switched from Paxil to Effexor about
5 months ago. I tapered off of the Paxil
and tapered onto the Effexor at the same
time."

Jim

"After several years on Effexor IR, my
pdoc tried switching me to XR. I
experienced fairly severe Effexor
withdrawel until I went back to the IR."

Jim

YOUR NAME GOES HERE
(please proudly add your name and the drugs/disorders
specific to you, if you are also mentally ill). If we all come
forward, we can help each other with our problems.

Remember, mental illness is nothing to be ashamed of.
It's not your fault if you have a defective brain which
may cause you to act like an extreme hypocrite and/or
idiot and/or robot without your being aware of it).

Also, please notify us if you are *not* mentally ill, and
have been added to this by mistake, so we can make
our corrections and remove you from the crazy person list.
--
mental health weekly

Old 10-11-2003, 06:32 PM
The Puppy Wizard

The Puppy Wizard wrote:
HOWEDY liea,

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message

The natural protection and territory myth goes like this.
Take a nice friendly, pet dog. Treat it well within the

family.

snipped a whole lot of drivel

I wish you had that God-damned dog up your ass!

Can you tell a truth from a lie?
Take off your shoes and socks and see if
you can cHOWENT HOWE many LIES
are in the following QUOTES:

Jerome Bigge writes:
I do know that hitting, hurting
your dog will often make the
dog either aggressive or a fear
biter, neither of which we want to do.

And then we got, matty! Follow his discussion!
This is what's called, a liar and dog abuser:

And neither does anyone else,
Jerome. No matter
what Jerry Howe states.

"Just Want To Second Jerry's Method For
Dealing With This I've Suggested It To Quite
A Few Clients Now And It's Worked 'EVERY
TIME The Very First Time' - marilyn, Trainer,
33 Years Experience.

You DO remember KILLFILING MARILYN for her coment above
regarding her success with The Puppy Wizard's Surrogate Toy
Separation Anxiety / Bed Time Calming Technique (STSA/BTCT)?

Perhaps you likeWIZE recall a pediatrician, Dr. Z, who commented
that his bed time calming technique was quite similar?

You're scary Marilyn.

Marilyn must be quite a disturbed
individual. I feel very sorry for her
and her family.

"His Amazing Progress Almost Makes Me Cry.
Your Method Takes Positive Training To The
Next Level And Should Really Be Used By All
Trainers Who Call Themselves Trainers. Thank
You For Helping Me Save His Life," Kay Pierce,
Professional Trainer, 30 Years Experience.

BUT, giving you the benefit of the
doubt, please provide a quote (an
original quote, not from one of Jerry
Howe's heavily edited diatribes) that
shows a regular poster promoting or
using an abusive form of training.

BWWWWEAAAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

--Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

"Many People Have Problems Getting The Pinch
Right, Either They Do Not Pinch Enough, Or They
Have A Very Stoic Dog. Some Dogs Will Collapse
Into A Heap. About The Ear Pinch: You Must Keep
The Pressure Up," sindy "don't let the dog SCREAM"
mooreon, author of HOWER FAQ's pages on k9 web.

You think HURTING a HUNTING DOG to
MAKE IT HUNT is NECESSARY???

"Well, Jack Did Hit My Dog. Actually I'd Call It
A Sharp Tap Of The Crook To The Nose. I Know
Jack Wouldn't HaveDone It If He Thought Solo
Couldn't Take It. I Still Crate Him Because
Otherwise I Fear He Might Eat My Cat," melanie.

You think allowing a "FEAR AGGRESSIVE MAN
SHY" dog to be BEATEN by a strange male trainer
is INTELLIGENT BEHAVIOR for a DOG LOVER?

"Warning: Sometimes The Corrections Will Seem
Quite Harsh And Cause You To Cringe. This Is A
Normal Reaction The First Few Times It Happens,
But You'll Get Over It."mike duforth, author:
"Courteous Canine."

You think HURTIN dogs and CRINGING
is COURTEOUS?

"I have heard advice stating that you should pre-load
your dog for Bitter Apple for it to work as efficiently
as possible. What does this mean?"

Means the author is a dog abuser of the worst magnitude.

"When you bring home the Bitter Apple for the first time, spray
one squirt
directly into the dog's mouth and walk away. The dog won't be too
thrilled
with this but just ignore him and continue your normal behavior."

You think HURTING your dog is NORMAL BEHAVIOR?

--Mike Dufort
author of the zero selling book
"Courteous Canines"

You think HOWER pal mikey is playin with a full deck?

Yeah. When I preload my dog's mouth with bitter apple,
suppose I don't get used to being stupid and cruel, mikey?

Then HOWE do I train my dog if I can't HURT it?

"I Dropped The Leash, Threw My Right Arm Over The Lab's Shoulder,
Grabbed
Her Opposite Foot With My Left Hand, Rolled Her On Her Side,
Leaned On Her,
Smartly Growled Into Her Throat And Said "GRRRR!" And Neatly
Nipped Her
Ear," sionnach.

Oh, THANKS, sinofabitch...

And from terri willis, Psychoclown wrote:
"Nope. That "beating dogs with sticks" things is
something you twisted out of context,
because you are full of bizarro manure."

"Get A 30"- 40" Stick.You can have a
helper wield the stick, or do it yourself.
Tougher, less tractable dogs may require
you to progress to striking them more
sharply," lying frosty dahl, ethical breeder,
expert trainer.

You think a EXXXPERT trainer got to BEAT
a HUNTIN dog to MAKE IT HUNT?

"Pudge Was So Soft That She Could And
Would Avoid A Simple Swat On The Rump
With A Riding Crop," lying frosty dahl,
discoverer of CANNIBALISM in Labradors.

Perhaps the mom dog didn't want her babies HURT all
their lives like HOWE HOWER dog lovers PREFER to
HURT THEIR DOGS?

"John ran out, grabbed Blackie by the collar, and
gave the dog two or three medium whacks on the
rump with a training stick while holding him partially
off the ground. John then told Blackie to sit, ran back
to the line and cast him back to the dummies."

The Puppy Wizard sez a mom dog eatin her babies
to SAVE THEM from a fate like that, is COMMENDABLE.

We're gonna teach folks THAT AIN'T NORMAL...

terri willis, Psychoclown wrote:
"Nope. That "beating dogs with sticks"
things is something you twisted out of
context, because you are full of bizarro
manure."

Sez on our FAQ'S pages at K9 Web you should knee the dog in the
chest, step
on its toes, throw him down by his ears and climb all over it like
a raped
ape growling into his throat and bite IT on his ears, or leash pop
it on a
pronged spiked pinch choke collar or pop him in the snout with the
heel of
your palm.

"BethF" wrote in message

"Frank" wrote in message
om...
URK-OFF (Leah) wrote in message

"brianev"
wrote:
I ENJOYED reading your book, and
AGREED with what you had to say.
I find it sick to hear what people
do with their dogs.
Keep in mind that everything he says that
the regular posters of this ng do to their
dogs are lies.
All of it. Every last bit.

All of it?
Ear pinching?
Shock collars?
Spiked chokers?
The regulars lie more in their denials than
Howe does in his accusing of them.

:
Uh, Frank? Who do you see denying anything?
Its quite interesting that a newbie like yourself
would see denials when everyone has Jerry
killfiled and therefore don't even read his posts,
let alone respond to them.

"Rocky" wrote in message
. 1.4...

Linda wrote in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

When you compare using sound and
praise to solve a problem with using
shock collars, hanging, and punishment
how can you criticize the use of sound?

There's nothing more to be said, then.
You've made up your mind.

But you've impressed me by mentioning
that you're a professor with 30 years of
experience.

So, can you cite some examples of
people recommending "shock collars,
hanging, and punishment"?

BWWWAWHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

--
--Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

You think matty's playin with a full
goddamned deck?

matty's NOT a liar and dog abuser.

Isn't that true, Marilyn?

Of course not, but THIS IS:

"Chin CHUCK absolutely doesn't mean slap,"
professora gingold.

"Marshall Dermer" wrote in message

Di,

I don't believe you mentioned a particular
kind of training. If you are interested in
training retrieval behavior than do
consider our own Amy Dahl's:

The 10-Minute Retriever : How to Make a
Well-Mannered, Obedient and
Enthusiastic Gun Dog in 10 Minutes a
Day by John I. Dahl, Amy Dahl

You failed to mention your pals the dahls are
proven liars and dog abusers, professor "SCRUFF SHAKE:"

"I Would Never Advise Anyone To Slap A
Dog I Do Not Believe There Is A Single
Circumstance Ever, Where Slapping A
Dog Is Anything But Destructive,"

LUCKY thing CHIN CHUCK absolutely don't
mean slap the goddamned dog, we'd look like
a conspiracy of LIARS and DOG abusers if
CHIN CHUCK DID mean SLAP the dog.

"I don't see why anyone would want to choke or
beat a dog, or how any trainer could possibly get
a good working dog by making them unhapper,
fearful, cowering, etc." sez amy lying frosty dahl.

DOES THAT SOUND LIKE THE TRUTH?

just $17.95 at Amazon.com.

(Also, it is best to killfile posts from the
few regulars here who are either ill-
tempered, ill-mannered, or just plain ill.)
--Marshall

Or HOWE about HOWER just plain CRUEL
STUPID and ABUSIVE DOG ABUSERS,
professor SCRUFF SHAKE?

amy lying frosty dahl continues:

"On the other extreme, the really hard dogs
we have trained require much more
frequent and heavy application of pressure
(PAIN j.h.) to get the job done,

This is continued resistance to your
increasing authority, and the job is
not done until it is overcome

Get A 30"- 40" Stick.You can have a helper
wield the stick, or do it yourself. Tougher,
less tractable dogs may require you to
progress to striking them more sharply"

BUT NOBODY DOES THAT HERE...

"Try pinching the ear between the metal
casing and the collar, even the buckle on
the collar. Persist! Eventually, the dog will
give in but will squeal, thrash around, and
direct their efforts to escaping the ear pinch"

OR ATTACKING HIS ABUSER.

"You can press the dog's ear with a
shotshell instead of your thumb even
get a studded collar and pinch the ear
against that Make the dog's need to stop
the pinching so urgent that resisting your
will fades in importance.

CHUCK IT Under ITS Chin With That Ever
Ready Right Hand, As it catches on, try
using the stick and no ear pinch.

When the dog is digging out to beat the
stick and seems totally reliable without
any ear pinch, you are finished

This is continued resistance to your
increasing authority, and the job is
not done until it is overcome"

If the dog drops it, chuck it solidly
under the chin, say "No! Hold!"

(stay on the ear until it does) (perhaps
because the ear is getting tender, or the
dog has decided it isn't worth it)" lying
frosty dahl.

"Chin cuff absolutely does not mean slap,"
professora gingold.

From: Marshall Dermer )
In article
writes:

-snip headers etc.

Yes. you're right, I really should find
the book.. they don't have these books
in the local pet stores I frequent, where
do you find Koehler?

I got a nice large print copy from
Amazon.com

Richard

Please try Powell's Books in Portland
Oregon. Their URL is:

http://www.powells.com/

Unlike Amazon.com, Powell's keeps both
new and used books on its shelves. You
can order books via e-email.

Koehler Method Of Dog
Training
by Koehler, W R
Published by HOWELL BOOK
HOUSE (0876056575,

Here's some quotes and some methods right
outta your koehler book professor "SCRUFF SHAKE and scream "NO!"
into its
face for 5
seconds:"

"The Koehler Method of Dog Training (1962). New York:
Howell Book Book House(p. 52-53)."

Hanging

"First, the trainer makes certain that the collar
and leash are more than adequate for any jerk
or strain that the dog's most frantic actions could cause. Then
he starts
to work the dog deliberately and fairly to the point where the dog
makes his
grab.

Before the teeth have reached their target,
the dog, weight permitting, is jerked from
the ground.

As in coping with some of the afore-mentioned problems the dog is
suspended
in mid-air.

However, to let the biting dog recover
his footing while he still had the strength
to renew the attack would be cruelty.

The only justifiable course is to hold him
suspended until he has neither the strength
nor inclination to renew the fight.

When finally it is obvious that he is
physically incapable of expressing his
resentment and is lowered to the ground,
he will probably stagger loop-legged for a
few steps, vomit once or twice, and roll
over on his side.

The sight of a dog lying, thick-tongued,
on his side, is not pleasant, but do not
let it alarm you

THE REAL "HOOD"

"If your dog is a real "hood" who would
regard the foregoing types of protest as
"kid stuff" and would express his
resentment of your efforts by biting,
your problem is difficult -- and pressing.

"Professional trainers often get these
extreme problems. Nearly always the
"protest biter" is the handiwork of a
person who, by avoiding situations that
the dog might resent, has nurtured the
seeds of rebellion and then cultivated
the resultant growth with under correction.

When these people reap their inevitable
and oftentimes painful harvest, they are
ready to avail themselves of "the cruel
trainer" whose advice they may have
once rejected because it was incompatible
with the sugary droolings of mealy-
mouthed columnists, breed-ring biddies,
and dog psychologists who, by the
broken skins and broken hearts their
misinformation causes, can be proven guilty
of the greatest act of cruelty to animals
since the dawn of time.

"With more genuine compassion for the
biting dog than would ever be demonstrated
by those who are "too kind" to make a
correction and certainly with more disregard
for his safety, the professional trainer
morally feels obligated to perform a "major
operation."

"Since we are presently concerned with
the dog that bites in resentment of the
demands of training, we will set our
example in that situation. (In a later
chapter we will deal with the with the
much easier problem of the dog that
bites someone other than his master."

Are we havin FUN yet?

Got a lite, professor SCRUFF SHAKE?

Old 10-11-2003, 06:32 PM
The Puppy Wizard

The Puppy Wizard wrote:
HOWEDY liea,

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message

The natural protection and territory myth goes like this.
Take a nice friendly, pet dog. Treat it well within the

family.

snipped a whole lot of drivel

I wish you had that God-damned dog up your ass!

"Anthony Testa" wrote in message
om...

I moved to Jacksonville, Florida about a year
ago with my lovely wife linda. 3 times a week
for 7 months I visited the Dog shelter and
Humane Society looking for a German Shepherd.
There were several times they had a dog there,
but I was looking for a bitch. The reason for this
is, all my life I have always had a female German
shepherd. Therefore, I wanted another one. Finally
about 6 weeks ago, I found her. "Angel" looked
just like my previous dog of 12 years. I called my
wife, she came down and fell in love with her immediately.

We filled out the paper work and left the Humane
Society with her. We drove directly to Pet Smart to
buy all the essentials. We bought the biggest crate
available. Let it be known I have never used a crate
with any of my previous dogs. The biggest difference
is my other dogs I had from puppy age. Angel just
turned 2, 3 days before adoption.

Angel appeared to be happy the trip home. Her ears
were down all the time and her tail was so far between
her legs that it looked like she had 3 ears. (humor)
None the less, we knew we had a dog that was insecure.
The first night we let Angel sleep in the living room.

However, we had to go to work the next day. We pet
her, kissed her and put her in the crate in the middle
of the living room. During the day, my sons came
home to walk her, give her a little loving and play with
her. Then put her back in the crate and go to work.

When we got home the first day, everything in the
crate was ripped to shreds. The neighbors
approached us and said that the dogs barked
constantly for 3 hours then barked continuously after
my sons left again. We thought it was because
everything was new. We were wrong. The dig did
this every day for 4 days.

The 4th day was our first scheduled visit with the
vet. The vet told us he can see that the dog is
suffering from abuse and separation anxiety. So,
the vet puts the dog on clomicalm. (not sure of the
spelling).

Well, for two days the dog walked around like Jerry
Garcia on a Friday night after a concert, stoned!
However, we were home with her the entire weekend.

We crated her for work and came home to a barking
dog, ripped bedding in the crate, upset neighbors
and the plastic bottom of the crate completely torn
to bits. It was obvious that crating was not a good thing.
The next day we decided to leave her out of the crate
to see what would happen. What a major mistake.
We came home to almost $1,000 in damage.
Furniture, the blinds were all chewed and torn down, etc.

The next day we put her in the crate again. This
time we came home to a nice 2' x 3' hole in our
carpet in the middle of the living room, right down
to the cement. I told my wife that we cannot afford
to keep this dog. We should go out and get a puppy.
She was upset and said there must be something
we can do. I told her this. " I will go on the internet
and see what is available". I was desperate and
wanted to see if there was someone who could help.

We read the information about the DDR and emailed
Jerry. Jerry was kind enough to give us his phone
number to discuss Angel in more detail.

First, at no cost he sent us his manual. We started
doing exactly what he said to do in the manual.
Exactly as we did was was written, the results were
exactly as he said it would be. Then we purchased
the DDR.

This is an amazing god send to us. First of all,
Jerry sent it to us without paying. (thanks for that
gesture) This has such and AMAZING effect. This testimonial
is kind of winded so I will say this......Jerry's product
literally saved this dogs life.

Angel can be left alone during the day. NO CRATE. The
dog shows absolutely no sign of anxiety at all. Jerry told
us the product works immediately and it did! She does
not bark at all during the day except when the mailman
drops mail into the slot on the door. The manual for
training works exactly as it says!

We told our vet about this and he said that there are
all kind of gimmicks. I told my vet that as a person who
holds a degree of higher education, there just are some
things they don't have in the text books and he should
be receptive to that. We are proof. Angel was one
day from going back to the humane society.

Listen to this...My wife wrote one of the so called know
it all of pets. His response to the exact letter we
initially wrote to Jerry..."Get rid of the dog, bring her
back" I'll save this person embarrassment by not saying the
name. However, you know who you are and I have this to say
to you. Go pump gas or bus tables because you
sir, do not belong working with animals!

Jerry, after reading some of the threads in the news
group, I can't for the life of me understand why this
many people are so dang blind or ignorant.

You just keep plugging away at what you do, because
you my friend are a life saver!!!

Anytime you need someone to speak about the results
of your product, you have my number. We would gladly
talk to them.

Thank you very much for all your help. God bless you...

Anthony & Linda Testa
Jacksonville, Florida

=====================

(Mark Shaw) wrote in message

In article ,
(Anthony Testa) wrote:
[...]
Jerry, after reading some of the threads in the news
group, I can't for the life of me understand why this
many people are so dang blind or ignorant.
You just keep plugging away at what you do, because you
my friend are a life saver!!!

Okay, who the heck ARE you, really?

Who am I? My real name is posted. The story you have read is
true.

We were at witts end, found Jerry's web page by
happenstance, wrote to him almost exactly what you read, he
gave me his suggestions, told me what my results would be
including a time line and, you know what? He was and still
is, right on the money.

I don't care if he's a warlock, a professor, disgruntled
Entomologist, or a man with a niche that makes the sciences
itchy, he saved the day AND a dog's life.

We were given suggestions from Medication, to a Behavioral
Specialist. I decided that instead of creating a Jerry
Garcia or pay 125.00 dollars an hour for my dog to lay on a
couch to be freudiated, I decided Jerry Howe's method seemed
to be more humane and serene. It worked, end of story.
A. Testa

=====================

My student Anthony summed it all up:

"Alpha" wrote in message

Well there you go, I was willing to believe but then jerry
it was another hallucination of yours, just like all those
thank you letters you write, a lie, a fabrication, a wank...

From: TESTA52601 )
Subject: Thank you Jerry Howe
Date: 2002-03-28 10:01:34 PST

Alpha,
It's uneducated, ball breakers like you that create dismay
throughout this society. Get a life. you took apart a
letter from someone who has shown nothing but love and
caring, including lots of money and twisted it to YOUR
point.

Ever consider politics? I challenge you to show me your
credentials and results you come up with. The things I did
with the dog WAS against MY wishes. However, I listen
to pencil neck geeks that sit behind a monitor and get 30
different suggestions. This dog could not be happier if
she was gnawing on all three of your legs.

The bottom line to my letter was to tell people "don't
knock it until you try it"

P.S. Write me personally if you have any
credentials.......

======================

Old 10-11-2003, 06:32 PM
The Puppy Wizard

The Puppy Wizard wrote:
HOWEDY liea,

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message

The natural protection and territory myth goes like this.
Take a nice friendly, pet dog. Treat it well within the

family.

snipped a whole lot of drivel

I wish you had that God-damned dog up your ass!

Subj: Fear of Thunder
Date: 6/29/02 6:07:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From: Jraltman
To: Witsenddog

Dear Jerry,

I hope you'll be able to post this message so more
people who are at their wit's end will be able to help
their dogs.

To review:

Our puppy was uncomfortable during thunder storms.
At the beginning of the problem, she paced restlessly
from room to room. She couldn't settle and sleep.

From there the problem grew. She would run to the far
southeast corner of the house (which makes sense
because most storms here come from the northwest)
and she'd cower in the corner of the couch and shake.

!st attempt to help her:

I'd pick her up, brush and massage her (call me a nut -
I've sung to her when I've done her daily brushing since
she was tiny so of course I sang too) and when she
relaxed, I'd put her in her crate. She then slept and I
thought the problem was solved.

Traumatic event:

We were out in the park playing with one of her doggy
friends when it began to rain. On the way home, there
was the loudest, longest, thunder clap I've ever heard.

From that day on, the problem got worse and worse.
I couldn't calm her with singing and massage. The fear
spread. She wouldn't go out if it was raining. No thunder,
just gently summer rain, and she wouldn't go out.

The solution:

I surfed the net and came across a free manual Wit's
End Dog Training Method and a product called Doggy
Do Right that seemed better than anything else I came
across.

A phone call to Jerry Howe, author of the manual and
Director of Research, Biosound Scientific, convince me
to try both the manual and the product.

Problem solved:

I followed Jerry's suggestions (more phone calls - he is
most generous with his time and advice). The first two
thunder storms my puppy was restless but not running
around in a blind panic.

The third storm, she barked her deep, stranger danger
bark after each clap of thunder. The fourth storm, she
seemed uneasy at first. Soon she was asleep at my
feet and she napped through the rest of the storm.

A miracle. I am endlessly grateful to Jerry
for his manual and his machine.

A word about Doggy Do Right. It is odd to buy a
machine that emits a sound I cannot hear. I took
the chance because Jerry offered a full refund
including shipping.

Though I heard nothing, my puppy clearly did. When
I first turned on the machine, she got the cutest, most
quizzical look on her face. She looked at me as if to
say: "What's that? I never heard that before."

She looks at the machine when it is on. She rests on the floor
beneath it. It is obvious from her behavior that she is aware
of its cycles.

Amazing.

Thank you Jerry.

=============

Old 10-11-2003, 06:32 PM
The Puppy Wizard

The Puppy Wizard wrote:
HOWEDY liea,

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message

The natural protection and territory myth goes like this.
Take a nice friendly, pet dog. Treat it well within the

family.

snipped a whole lot of drivel

I wish you had that God-damned dog up your ass!

"misty" wrote in message

Jerry has taken the time to help me out off the NG. I have
a very loud cockatoo who has been having problems adjusting
to my 8 month old son.

Joey is learning to walk. He likes to use Buddy's cage as a
hold on for dear life object.

Buddy wasn't exposed to toddlers prior to Joey.. my older
two boys went through this stage in a different house where
Buddy had his own room and the boys had only visits, not
daily contact 24/7.

Buddy has always been spooked by "tiny" humans. Joey has
been driving him nuts! He showed his disapproval by
non-stop screaming. A cockatoo scream can be heard a block
away with all the widows shut g being in the house it
makes your ears pop and your nerves crawl.

Jerry sent me Free his DDR. He sent instructions on how to
use it. He answered my questions quite politely.

I have been using the DDR in my kitchen ( where Buddy is
located~ teensy 4 room house) for 3 weeks.

At first I noticed no difference in Buddy's behavior. Then
I realized after a week that he no longer screamed for
hours on end. This isn't to say he stopped completely bg
he still demands his share of all meals. But he doesn't
start screaming at 10 pm when he wants _everyone_ to go to
bed. Last week he had a day where he screamed all day. My
nerves were frazzled. I went to turn the DDR up a notch per
Jerry's instructions. I discovered the DDR was shut off! I
turned it back on and left it on the lowest setting. Buddy
calmed back down and quit screaming.

In the time that I've had the DDR on I've had a lot of c*ts
come to my house. One I adopted and he's quite the sweetie.
He's a yellow tiger named Gatomon ( means c*t monster) who
is very friendly with my kids and Zelda.

I may not like how Jerry treats other posters but I do like
the methods he shares. Being on a limited budget I like
things that are free. I also like the fact that I can
e-mail him and get advice whenever I need it.

Even my DH who is a technical minded kind of guy thinks the
DDR is working. ( He went to Devry and has a degree in
electronics, knows alot about radios and anything
mechanical... he's a jack of all trades around the house
g). He does NDT for a living.

We don't expect to need the DDR forever.. As soon as Joey
is walking, Buddy will realize that he's not a strange
animal.. some kind of furless dog or c*t bg.

==============================

"Linda" wrote in message
om...
"Rosa Palmén" wrote in message

et...

Rosa, I got the doggy do right machine from Jerry
in Jan and my dog relaxed in the first week. He
does not have SA but he scratched himself raw
until I got the machine. He also was a frantic
chewer on his sticks until I got the machine.

In less than a month he really relaxed. Now when
the machine in on he just lays down and goes to sleep.

If there is something outside that upsets him like a
cat in the yard I just turn it on and he can cope.

You will see all sorts of comments about the machine
being as loud as a freight train etc but it is small and
can not be heard by humans. I know he can hear it
and that it relaxes him because I can see him relax
when he hears it.

I used the machine outside on the patio to quiet to
dogs behind us that barked a hundred times a day.
In two weeks they reduced the barking by 80%--
When they barked after the machine was on Sunshine
ran to the patio as they were alarm barking not just
barking to pass the time.

I asked the owners if they had noticed the dogs barking
less and they said yes they had guessed the dogs were
just growing up.

Sunshine loved daycare but he was kicked out when he
got aggressive but now than he has been trained with
Jerry's Wits End Method and the machine I think I will
let him go back to daycare.

I am disabled so I can not run and play with him and
I know he needs to play with other dogs.

Go to www.doggydoright.com and read about the
machine and get a free copy of Wits End Training
Manual--since the info is free you won't lose anything
and you can really help your dog.

Linda and Sunshine