Old 10-11-2003, 05:12 PM
Joseph Logan

Default Snowthrower reccomendation

I am leaning toward a Sam's club gardenview model for $800, but not
sure. Normally I try and stick with more well knokwn name brands, but
I had a problem with a new Honda lawn mower so now I wish I would have
purchased a cheaper model without the name.
The Gardenveiw Sam's club model is 10HP 2 stage and
10HP Tecumseh 4-cycle engine
Electric start
26" clearing width
21" clearing height
Convenient one-hand operation
Six forward and two reverse speed selections
Fully assembled
Oil included in engine
Electric start and chute clearing device included.

We get 100 inches a year here in the southtowns of Buffalo.

Any tips or advice before the snow gets here?
Old 12-11-2003, 03:02 AM
gary

Greetings

I got the 8 hp from Wallmart. There is two things that I wished I had
purchased on the snow blower. One I should have got one with LIGHTS.
Two..When you make a U turn, quite often you must turn the exhaust chute.
With mine I must bend over to reach the crank that turns the snow exhaust
chute. The 8 hp is sufficient for me. The new snow tires do not need
chains. The electric start is GREAT.

Good luck

Gary
om...