Old 16-11-2003, 01:22 AM
figaro

Default Prickly pear: What's the law?

If you decide to collect from the wild, might I suggest that you only break
off one pad from any one plant. They root extremely easily and grow
quickly.

But before you decide to do this, there are some relatively spineless
prickly pear cacti that have very sweet edible fruit which can be used for
preserves and wine. I am told that one which I have just received will grow
10 feet tall in three years under optimal conditions in Bisbee, AZ. Your
local nursery might be able to provide you with better stock than you can
find in the wild population.

You must be excited to learn what grows in Texas. I just started exploring
succulents and cacti as landscape plants: it is a difficult transition from
my northeast roots. I now live in the Southern California mountains.
Good luck.

[IMG] code is On

Prickly pear: What's the law? Purple Linny Gardening 18 17-11-2003 08:42 PM
Prickly Pear Cactus Steve Coyle Texas 8 05-06-2003 09:13 AM
Prickly Pear cactus Jim North Carolina 0 01-05-2003 05:32 PM
Anybody want a prickly pear cactus? Callen Molenda Gardening 2 06-04-2003 10:08 PM
Question for Cereoid+ Prickly Pear Callen Molenda Gardening 1 02-04-2003 01:44 AM