Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-11-2003, 04:32 PM
Mike

Default Tree problems

Hello,

I will probably get flammed for this but I am looking for solutions or
answers or alternatives.

I live in a twin house, my attached neighbor planted a tree approx 20
years ago, when her son was born. The tree was planted on the grassy
area infront of the sidewalk approximately 1 foot from my property.
Over the years the tree has grown and is now overhanging my property.
She never rakes or takes care of her leaves, but that is not the real
issue. Over the last couple years my sidewalk has been raised and has
broken as a result of the roots of this tree. About a month ago, I
was out raking (her leaves) and noticed that there is a huge root that
has now pertruded through the grass in front of my sidewalk. I
currently have 4 standard blocks of concrete ruined (2 of which I
already replaced several years ago before the problem really
surfaced).

The main truck and several large roots of the tree has extended itself
to my propery as well as hers. She planted it, but it is currently on
my property as well as hers.

I don't necessarily want to kill it, but there is definately a
significant amount of damage being caused by this. Any ideas on what
I can do? Talking to her has done no good.

Thanks
Mike