Old 01-01-2004, 09:32 PM
Zemedelec

Default The cyclamen have arrived!

Now for the grunt work of installing my 50 little already budding coums. I've
tucked almost half of them in amongst the roots of a big oak and under some
azaleas, just praying that the birds or squirrels won't think "freshly dug
earth...must investigate". They have a nice amount of variation in the leaf
patterns, colors magenta to light pink to (maybe) white. Arrived very
carefully packed--best job I've seen--from Sunshine Farms.
zemedelec
Old 02-01-2004, 01:32 AM
Zemedelec

Glad to hear they send a good variety of leaf-type & flower-color.

Not to knock down their services, but they did because I specifically asked for
them. I've seen Lebanese cyclamen in the wild by the hundreds, so I know how
much they can vary even on the same hill.
I've local-growers access to
unusual varieties (though mainly for two-year seedlings that sometimes
cost as much as Sunshine presently wants for mature plants).

Lucky @#$^*!

-paghat

--
zemedelec