Old 01-05-2007, 04:30 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Dragonflies have arrived

This weekend I saw my first damsel fly and the emptied body shell left by a
changed dragonfly. Tadpoles are getting bigger.

Frog update: Most nights have been silent out by the lily pond. I've
started up a small tub down by the koi pond (other end of the house) with
tadpoles with the hope next spring some will return there. Turns out, as we
prepare for putting the out-of-pond filter connection on the lily pond that
it won't be so friendly for tadpoles. I expect many to be sucked into the
pre-filter thru the skimmer & bottom drain. As long as they don't enter the
pump chamber they should survive the ride, but, just as well the frogs must
find a better place next spring. Still, I can't see myself being very
friendly to my neighbors anytime soon, but I won't encourage hubby to run
his chipper during one of their many outdoor parties. ;-) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Rate This Thread: