Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2004, 09:12 AM
Brandon

Default Freeze Kill? Ficus Nitida

I am in Gilbert Arizona( metro phoenix). Last week we experienced sub
freezing ( 22-24 degrees)temperatures for several nights. Anything potted
was brought in the house.
4 Giant Hibiscus and 3 monster Bougainvilleas and a very large Castor bean
"tree" wilted( foliage appears "burned") and have started to drop all there
leaves.
Not a big deal , I think the bougainvilleas will come back as they are so
hard to kill : /

BUT my concern is a 15+ foot Ficus Nitida with a trunk diameter of 10+
inches...
The leaves turned purple, and then in the last day or so, they have started
to drop in profusion. My neighbor has three like this doing the same thing.

I am wondering if this tree has been killed. Will my homeowners insurance
cover it if it has? I have seen trees half this size at local nurseries for
$3000.00.

Will it come back? ( will this be a good time to prune it?

Thanks
Brandon

[IMG] code is On

Fargesia Nitida Gerboa Bamboo 8 13-08-2007 09:35 AM
Autumn Olive freeze/kill? Ron Hardin Plant Science 1 23-05-2007 04:47 AM
Bumps on Ficus Nitida [email protected] Gardening 0 11-11-2005 05:25 AM
Do I Need to Put Barrier Around Clump Type Bamboo (Fargesia Nitida)? [email protected] Bamboo 7 08-06-2005 06:13 PM
Which one - murieliae or nitida? Tegan Bamboo 0 25-04-2003 06:08 PM