Old 09-01-2004, 07:06 PM
animaux

Default Cutting Back Lantana

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 09:45:10 -0500, Hal opined:

If you are talking about Miss Huff lantana I don't believe you can
hurt it by cutting it back. I removed the trash several winters and
it grew back strong. (So thick it grew almost 8' tall last year.) I
did have a few other varieties that weren't so cold tolerant and I
lost a few of those plants. One was purchased as Dallas Red, another
was similar (I don't know which is which.) and another had a varigated
leaf with yellow flowers, you might want to be more careful with those
if you have them.

Regards,

Hal Zone 8 Middle Georgia

The 'Dallas Red' didn't do well for you? I bought several of them and I didn't
get much production from them the first year. I'm hoping for a better stand
this coming season. I don't like reds, but butterflies and hummers do. I also
have the variegated variety you mentioned. I have it in the greenhouse. That
is one beautiful plant. I had it in a container with Ipomoea 'Blackie' and that
was beautiful all summer long. It's still blooming in the g-house.

[IMG] code is On

cutting back on cutting back Cereoid-UR12- Gardening 0 23-09-2003 12:04 AM
Lantana & Plumbago still dormant? courtault at yahoo.com Texas 3 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
free lantana... Tom Penick Texas 1 05-04-2003 11:10 AM
lantana troubles Peter Imes Texas 1 05-04-2003 11:08 AM
Lantana & Plumbago still dormant? courtault at yahoo.com Texas 2 29-03-2003 09:20 PM