Old 10-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Skirmishd

Default Identify Unknown Houseplant and off to those bamboos

by the way, would you be willing to share a piece of that succulent for me
to try? I love cacti and succulents. I have quite a few that struggle thru
my dry house winters but then flourish once spring gets here adn I move
everyone outside. (Geoff will attest to that one g)
if you do, you'll hafta answer me thru Squire's e-mail as my computer
refuses to speak to his right now and he's the expert in those matters.
madgardener willing to share a piece of her "Cherokee pipe mystery plant"
with you if you want a trade
"daecc" wrote in message
. com...
My grandmother gave me a start of a plant several years ago, but never
knew what it was. It is small, doesn't have leaves, doesn't bloom,
and slowly spreads on its own. To make a new plant, just cut a few 1"
pieces off and stick them in soil.

I took some pictures to help identify it:

http://www.dnecentral.com/djw/tmp/plant1.JPG
http://www.dnecentral.com/djw/tmp/plant2.JPG
http://www.dnecentral.com/djw/tmp/plant3.JPG

Thanks!

I have some I could send. I also have a monstrose jade that is dropping all
kinds of shoots - I think it is a Gollum or Fingers (now that I look at it,
it's a Fingers). I also have pregnant onions going wild from a plant I've had
for over 15 years, orn-something, in the onion family and also in the orchid
family in some way - flowers about twice a year. Also, a lovely Boweia
volubilus that has never given babies yet. My grandma's cactus and succulent
cuttings got me started at a young age.

[IMG] code is On

Bamboos for hedging MohammedM Bamboo 2 01-07-2009 06:38 PM
Getting prepped for Mass Plantings of Bamboos.. suggestions and advice??? RainLover Bamboo 6 11-03-2005 08:25 PM
Identify Unknown Houseplant daecc Gardening 21 10-01-2004 04:12 PM
Unknown houseplant - Anyone recognize it? Helen Scarth Gardening 2 29-08-2003 04:14 AM
advice needed about moso, vivax and yellow groove bamboos Stephen Bamboo 0 18-04-2003 09:58 AM