Old 15-01-2004, 01:33 AM
V_coerulea

Default Plumeria- as indore plant in Zone-5/6 USA

If it is still firm, there's nothing to worry about. Give a spray of water
2-3X a week to prevent dehydration. Don't start watering until new growth
begins or you will definately risk rotting the plant. In Cincinnati, I'd try
to find a south facing window for my plumeria, especially in
fall/winter/spring. Dust or spray with a good miticide when new growth
starts to prevent spider mite infestations which can get really bad on
plumerias. Good Luck.
Gary

"RB" wrote in message
I live in Cincinnati - OHIO (i think it is on the zone 5 and 6 border).
I am trying to grow the plumeria (nostalgia from the upbringing in South
India)! It grew nicely to a 1 foot high plant through the summer when I
kept it outdoors. I brought it inside in October middle. Slowly she
dropped leaves one by one. I did keep her in the sunniest room- a foot

away
from a North-West facing window. Now- I am not sure if I should water it-
or move it to a darker spot- or fertilize it.
Without leaves it looks pretty sad. I know the gurus in this group - or
those of the "plumeria.org" will find me a way to keep it from dying (if

it
has not already passed away)!
Please help.
If replying to me directly- remove the nospam from the email address.
MANY MANY MANY THANKS
Rama Bommaraju

Old 15-01-2004, 03:42 AM
Raul Bloodworth

"RB" wrote in message
[...]

I live in subtropical Florida. My plumerias have dropped their leaves here
also. Follow the advice of the others and go sparingly on the water.

Old 15-01-2004, 02:02 PM
animaux

I bought a plumeria which was 6 inches tall and in one season it grew to have
three huge lateral branches and 7 feet tall. After two seasons it's 9 feet tall
and touches the top of the greenhouse. The foliage fell off and I do nothing
with it. When the sun is high in the sky again, it will signal the plant to
start to grow and I'll have my plumeria blooms by about late July.

I've been told I could completely remove it from the soil and store it in a
cool, dry place over the winter. This is a tough plant, so do not over water it
over the winter when it is dormant.

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 03:20:06 +0530, "RB"
opined:

Old 15-01-2004, 05:13 PM

Mine's blooming right now in Michigan, it's in a south facing window. Though
it's lost alot of buds due to spider mites around 2 months ago as the flower
spike was developing.
cheers,
Jim

Old 16-01-2004, 12:02 AM
VV

wrote in message
Mine's blooming right now in Michigan, it's in a south facing window.

Though
it's lost alot of buds due to spider mites around 2 months ago as the

flower
spike was developing.
cheers,
Jim

That is excellent-
Does it have leaves or not now as it is blooming?
Do you fertilize and water it when there are no leaves?
RB

Old 16-01-2004, 01:02 AM
animaux

I give mine a rest in the winter.

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:54:23 GMT, opined: