Old 21-01-2004, 04:44 PM
RB

Default Plumeria- as indore plant in Zone-5/6 USA

I live in Cincinnati - OHIO (i think it is on the zone 5 and 6 border).
I am trying to grow the plumeria (nostalgia from the upbringing in South
India)! It grew nicely to a 1 foot high plant through the summer when I
kept it outdoors. I brought it inside in October middle. Slowly she
dropped leaves one by one. I did keep her in the sunniest room- a foot away
from a North-West facing window. Now- I am not sure if I should water it-
or move it to a darker spot- or fertilize it.
Without leaves it looks pretty sad. I know the gurus in this group - or
those of the "plumeria.org" will find me a way to keep it from dying (if it
has not already passed away)!
Please help.
If replying to me directly- remove the nospam from the email address.
MANY MANY MANY THANKS
Rama Bommaraju

Old 21-01-2004, 06:32 PM

Mine has some leaves, though it did loose several due to the spider
mites. I usually keep on watering it when it doesn't have leaves, but
I make sure it isn't waterlogged. I'm really bad about fertilzing, I always
forget to do it.
cheers,
Jim

In article , "VV"
wrote:

wrote in message
Mine's blooming right now in Michigan, it's in a south facing window.

Though
it's lost alot of buds due to spider mites around 2 months ago as the

flower
spike was developing.
cheers,
Jim

That is excellent-
Does it have leaves or not now as it is blooming?
Do you fertilize and water it when there are no leaves?
RB

Old 08-02-2004, 11:17 AM
Registered User

Location: nowra, australia

[hi there...
plumeria are deciduoa plants and so are meant to lose all leaves and flowers in the winter months.
as the weather starts warming up again, you will see the tips of the plumeria start to grow odd little lumps (the new leaves) THIS is the time to fertilize.
in winter it is dormant... asleep, so no point fertilising....as it wakes up from it's slumber, you want to give it a boost so it wakes right up!!!
fertiliser should be given regularly (every two weeks for a liquid fert.) all through spring and summer, then start slowing down (every 3 - 4 weeks) as autumn gets going.... it's leaves will start to drop around autumn anyway.
happy growing
plumeria lover from down south,
Renay
Attached Thumbnails
Plumeria- as indore plant in Zone-5/6 USA-p.-%5Cintense-rainbow%5C.jpg