Old 16-01-2004, 04:12 PM
Art M

Default Clear fly paper

The fly paper that I usually see for sale comes in rolls that are ugly and
messy to use, but I once bought some clear fly paper that I can no longer
find for sale. It was a clear plastic sheet with clear goo making it hardly
noticeable and it had a thin sticky strip so that it could be stuck on a
window (bugs were then attracted by the light rather than the color). It was
great for catching the occasional housefly and for controlling and
monitoring fungus gnats.

Does anyone know where I can buy this?

--Art

Old 17-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Salty Thumb

"Art M" wrote in
k.net:

The fly paper that I usually see for sale comes in rolls that are ugly
and messy to use, but I once bought some clear fly paper that I can no
longer find for sale. It was a clear plastic sheet with clear goo
making it hardly noticeable and it had a thin sticky strip so that it
could be stuck on a window (bugs were then attracted by the light
rather than the color). It was great for catching the occasional
housefly and for controlling and monitoring fungus gnats.

Does anyone know where I can buy this?

--Art

you're talking about the Xeron (?) brand fly paper that comes 3-4 sheets in
a yellow box with black printing? I originally got mine at some place
called do your own pest control (internet) about 3 years ago, but then 2
years ago I noticed you could get them at Lowes, Home Depot and Wal-mart
.... but perhaps only 'in season'. I haven't seen it recently, but I
haven't been looking.

http://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/flycont.htm#fly paper - price is like
$5, but I'm thinking the price at Walmart was closer to 95 cents or at most
$2 for the box.
Old 19-01-2004, 06:42 AM
Art M

"Salty Thumb" wrote in message
"Art M" wrote in
k.net:

[...]

Thanks. That looks like them, but $5 seems a bit steep for 4 small sheets.
I think I had bought them at Lowe's or HD, but the last couple of times I
looked I couldn't find them there. I'll have to check at Wallmart.

--Art