Old 04-02-2004, 05:01 PM
DM

Default Hill side planting

I have a hill side that I have planted flowers and put rocks. I have
mulched the area to keep the weeds out. The problem is that the mulch keeps
running off the side of the hill when it rains and into the stones below and
out into the street. What is the best solutions to keep the weed from growing
and not cause such a problem?
Any solutions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks GSM
Old 05-02-2004, 07:04 PM
Cereus-validus

What are you using for mulch?

Have you considered using gravel instead?

Old 05-02-2004, 07:07 PM
DM

DM wrote in message ...
I have a hill side that I have planted flowers and put rocks. I have
mulched the area to keep the weeds out. The problem is that the mulch

keeps
running off the side of the hill when it rains and into the stones below

and
out into the street. What is the best solutions to keep the weed from

growing
and not cause such a problem?
Any solutions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks GSM

Regular cypress mulch is what was used. By the way our garden was done by a professional.

Old 05-02-2004, 07:09 PM
Pam - gardengal

"DM" wrote in message ...
I have a hill side that I have planted flowers and put rocks. I have
mulched the area to keep the weeds out. The problem is that the mulch

keeps
running off the side of the hill when it rains and into the stones below

and
out into the street. What is the best solutions to keep the weed from

growing
and not cause such a problem?
Any solutions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks GSM

You need a groundcover to hold the soil, stabilize the slope and reduce
erosion. A good groundcover will also help to suppress weeds and retain soil
moisture too. Tell us where you are, what the light conditions are and we
can make specific suggestions.

pam - gardengal

Old 05-02-2004, 07:09 PM
Pam - gardengal

"DM" wrote in message ...
In article ,

"Cereus-validus" wrote:
What are you using for mulch?

Have you considered using gravel instead?

Regular cypress mulch is what was used. By the way our garden was done

by a professional.

Ask for a refund - a professional should know better.

Old 05-02-2004, 07:11 PM
Cereus-validus

Thought you said you did all the work in your original posting.

Now you know why one definition for "professional" is simply one who gets
paid to do a job rather than someone who knows what they are doing. Most
contractors do what is cheapest and most expedient for them for them rather
than what is best for the job. It is best to have them explain in detail
what they are to do and have it in writing just in case they screw up the
job.

DM wrote in message ...
In article ,

Old 05-02-2004, 07:14 PM
DM

In article 7DhUb.174863$Rc4.1323302@attbi_s54, "Pam - gardengal" wrote:

"DM" wrote in message ...
I have a hill side that I have planted flowers and put rocks. I have
mulched the area to keep the weeds out. The problem is that the mulch

keeps
running off the side of the hill when it rains and into the stones below

and
out into the street. What is the best solutions to keep the weed from

growing
and not cause such a problem?
Any solutions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks GSM

You need a groundcover to hold the soil, stabilize the slope and reduce
erosion. A good groundcover will also help to suppress weeds and retain soil
moisture too. Tell us where you are, what the light conditions are and we
can make specific suggestions.

pam - gardengal

I live in North Georgia on the border of N.C. Northeast Georgia in the Mountains near Helen.

Old 05-02-2004, 11:32 PM
Jim Lewis

You need a groundcover to hold the soil, stabilize the slope

and reduce
erosion. A good groundcover will also help to suppress weeds

and retain soil
moisture too. Tell us where you are, what the light conditions

are and we
can make specific suggestions.

pam - gardengal

I live in North Georgia on the border of N.C. Northeast

Georgia in the Mountains near Helen.

Oh, Kudzu would work. ;-)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

[IMG] code is On

Cannibalism On Capital Hill! Introducing The Cannibals, HillaryClinton, Bill Clinton, Chelsea Clinton, Barrack Obama, George Walker Bush,Dick Cheney, Al Gore, Newt Gingrich, And Capital Hill! Leopold Stotch Lawns 0 09-11-2007 04:32 AM
Cannibalism On Capital Hill! Introducing The Cannibals, HillaryClinton, Bill Clinton, Chelsea Clinton, Barrack Obama, George Walker Bush,Dick Cheney, Al Gore, Newt Gingrich, And Capital Hill! [email protected] Lawns 0 25-10-2007 05:12 AM
Flowers: side by side mea305 Gardening 1 10-01-2007 02:23 PM
south side of a solo tree in open field is the best side Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 2 15-05-2003 02:20 PM