Old 15-02-2004, 09:32 PM

Default Insect larvea in peaches

In my country Mauritius, peaches are infested with insect larvea before they
ripen. We can`t
get proper good peaches without using lots of insecticides.
Do you have such problems in your country?

How do you deal with this? Is there a natural method to deal with this
problem?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Joseph.

Old 15-02-2004, 10:02 PM
Spackle

The best thing is to kill all the wacko environmentalists and spray all
you want. If you ever get environmentalists in your country it is
surely doomed.

Old 15-02-2004, 10:30 PM
Salty Thumb

Spackle wrote in
:

The best thing is to kill all the wacko environmentalists and spray
all you want. If you ever get environmentalists in your country it is
surely doomed.

Gee what a great idea. Not a wacko idea at all.

Can you recommend a good way to get rid of those pesky environmentalists?
I don't really have a problem with them, but the same should work for
getting rid of morons like yourself.

Old 15-02-2004, 10:33 PM
WiGard

A wrote:
In my country Mauritius, peaches are infested with insect larvea before
they ripen. We can`t
get proper good peaches without using lots of insecticides. Do you have
such problems in your country?

How do you deal with this? Is there a natural method to deal with this
problem?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Joseph.

Actually the best thing is to use chemical according to instructions and
intended use. In the right hands and applied at the correct times,
chemicals do work, and they work to the advantage of all.

http://axp.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/selectnewpest.peach.html is but one website
offering IPM (Integrated Pest Management) techniques. I'm sure there are
others. IPM works.

Old 15-02-2004, 11:14 PM
Salty Thumb

WiGard wrote in
news
times, chemicals do work, and they work to the advantage of all.

Ah, yes, insecticides, the magic bullet of gardeners. All of the benefits,
none of the mess. None that you can see or be bothered with, at any rate.
Old 15-02-2004, 11:14 PM
Salty Thumb

WiGard wrote in
news

Old 15-02-2004, 11:42 PM
V_coerulea

There are "natural" methods which may be used on a relatively small scale
with lots of labor. Use of dormant oil sprays, and light oil sprays for when
trees are in growth followed by sulfur sprays for fungus. In Georgia, South
Carolina, and North Carolina where huge crops of peaches are produced, some
of the most toxic legal sprays are used to produce decent to bumper crops.
Micronized sprays of oils and sulfur are not exactly beneficial if inhaled.
If chemicals are handled responsibly with all safety precautions, good crops
can be produced with little if any harm to the overall ecology or to human
health. This goes for all the stone fruits as well as pomes. There are those
that would scream at this and pronounce me the devil. Choose what you will.

Old 16-02-2004, 12:42 AM
zhanataya

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:42:52 +0400, "A" wrote:

In my country Mauritius, peaches are infested with insect larvea before they
ripen. We can`t
get proper good peaches without using lots of insecticides.
Do you have such problems in your country?

How do you deal with this? Is there a natural method to deal with this
problem?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Joseph.

Give it up. You're to far north in the Indian Ocean to grow peaches.

zhan

[IMG] code is On

How to tell when my peaches ripe? Broadback United Kingdom 3 10-08-2004 11:45 AM
peaches freebird Australia 6 18-02-2004 11:32 AM
squirrels and peaches Dianna Visek Edible Gardening 22 05-01-2004 06:32 AM
Peaches Falling Off zebrin Gardening 2 12-07-2003 11:08 PM
Advice on Peaches Spacewalkman Texas 2 15-04-2003 03:56 PM