Old 21-02-2004, 01:13 AM
Jim Lewis

Default rosemary growing problems

"dem3" wrote in message
om...
I have (2) 2 gallon Tuscan Blue Rosemary that I've held indoors

for
the last month until the weather betters for planting outside.

I have
watered regularly and leaf tip growth has been vigorous and

healthy,
though from the center out, all limbs have leaves that are

dying out
and falling off, this seems to be happening all the way up the
branches towards the healthy tips. Is this natural?

Probably not. Since they're in pots and indoors, I'd bet you are
watering too much. Rosemary prefer being dry -- definitely not
wet. You don't say where you are, but I've had a potted rosemary
out in (occasionally) freezing weather since Christmas and is
doing fine.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature