Old 23-02-2004, 01:41 PM
Dwight Sipler

Default Lawn mower just fell in the pool...

Bob wrote:
... I would crank it over a bunch to flush water
out...

I would take the plug out before cranking. Unless the lawn mower was
running when it went in, there's probably not much in the cylinder, but
if there is, it will make it very difficult to crank.

Old 23-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Bill Miracle

Thanks for all the serious answers. I didn't removed the air intake
or flywheel but did the cylinder and oil pan drain.

Thanks for the great advice!
Old 23-02-2004, 02:11 PM
Beecrofter

Bill Miracle wrote in message . ..
Seriously! Just wondering if anyone here knows what I should do
before I take it to the shop tomorrow.

Thanks

If it was running at the time you should bring your wallet!
Old 23-02-2004, 02:17 PM
Bill Miracle

Old 23-02-2004, 08:42 PM
W_D_GreatDivider

I don't suppose you are ever going to tell the tale of how this happened?
(sorry it is at your expense but it was a good chuckle for the day). DK

Old 23-02-2004, 09:12 PM
Dwight Sipler

W_D_GreatDivider wrote:

I don't suppose you are ever going to tell the tale of how this happened?
(sorry it is at your expense but it was a good chuckle for the day)...

Yeah. We're all curious. Is (was) it a self-propelled model or were you
not watching what you were doing? Did you go in with it? Don't you have
a fence around your pool? (I assume it's not an above-ground pool)
Besides, where are you that you were mowing the grass in February? (or
did this happen last fall and you're just getting around to thinking
about the mowing season?) Maybe you were practicing the mower throw for
the redneck olympics?

Old 23-02-2004, 10:12 PM
Bob

"madgardener" wrote in message
great advice Bob!!!! (another reason I love this newsgroup so

much, you
never know when someone here is so informative, and I mean that

most
sincerely) got any clues as to what to do about the cord on

mine that is
stretched all the way out and refuses to rewind? new cord? New

cord and
reel? Squire is on the road and I sense the grass soon will

suspect as much
and need to figure this out before it starts growing in the

paths
soon............

It sounds like the recoil spring is broken. You have to take off
the case on the top of the engine that covers it. Sometimes it
breaks close to the end and you can grind a couple notches in the
spring to re-use it. Otherwise, get a new one.

Bob

Old 23-02-2004, 10:26 PM
Stephen M. Henning

"Bill Miracle" wrote:

Seriously! Just wondering if anyone here knows what I should do
before I take it to the shop tomorrow.

Is your pool shop open this time of the year

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman