Old 01-03-2004, 01:02 PM
Cereus-validus

Default Question about Oleander -Ben Hiney is wrong

You are the only one with a morbid obsession with oleanders, Ben Hiney. I
have grown them and had no problems with them. Being well aware of the
plant's extreme toxicity, I handle them with care and always wash my hands
with soap and water after handling them.

As you have been told repeatedly, you dimwit, the plants are poisonous only
if the plant parts or sap is ingested. Growing them is not a problem because
the toxins are not carried through the air as you seem to think toxic means.

Nobody needs to provide you with a multitude of examples because you are not
worth the effort. Do your own research on the subject and go away. You will
never admit that your half-baked notions are completely wrong despite the
fact that everybody else is telling you so.

Do everyone a big favor and go back to your masturbating to gay porn and
leaves the garden questions to sane people, you deranged mutant troll. You
have proven to be a total waste of everyone's time and effort.

"Ben Hiel" wrote in message
"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
. com...
You are one crazy mofo crackpot, Ben Him.

Projection noted.

Why don't you make yourself a cup of oleander tea and tell us how good

it
was. That is, if you are alive long enough to get back to your 'puter!!

Why don't you go make yourself a shit sandwich?

Oleander aren't toxic to grow but they are deadly if any part of the

plant
is ingested. There are just too many reports of people dying after

ingesting
leaves or sap to take the problem of toxicity lightly.

How many are "too many"? Millions of homeowners have oleander growing in
their yards and gardens and you oleander-fearing kooks were able to

produce
precisely TWO victims - and those two died under very mysterious
circumstances. Meanwhile, there are dozens of other toxic plants

surrounding
our homes, yet only oleander is the victim of your paranoia.

People who live in morbid fear of oleander need to get a grip. Perspective
is needed - fearing oleander is about as baseless as fearing death from
being hit by a meteorite. There are far bigger risks laying around the

house
than oleander.

"Ben Hiel" wrote in message
"Salty Thumb" wrote in message
"Ben Hiel" wrote in
:

"Ricky" wrote in message
"Bunny McElwee" wrote in message
I have an Oleander cutting rooted in a pot from my old home
that I moved from in 2002. I am looking to plant this in

the
ground this year and I am
wondering what type of light requirements they need? I was

looking
at a perfect spot but I think it only gets a few hours morning

sun
and then the rest of the day is shaded. Can anyone help?

The first thing I will tell you is toss it in the trash. Oleander

is
poisonous to humans. The leaves, the flowers, the bark, the

roots.
But if you must... plant it in full sun to get flowers, part

shade
get leaves.

(sigh) Not this crap again.

Yes, it is toxic. But in order to ingest a toxic level, you have

eat a LOT of it. And from what I hear, oleander tastes extremely
bitter and nasty. So I challenge you to produce a credible news

story
that shows oleander is the dangerous menace to humanity that you

claim
it is.

Here's one:
http://www.intelihealth.com/pcn/general/00292987.htm

BTW, it turns out that these 2 ate a LOT of oleander over a period of

days,
if they indeed did eat it willingly. So much so that there was a thick

layer
in their stomachs and much of the material was digested in their

intestines.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...5FB%40home.net

"It usually takes a massive amount of the plant to cause death, and

most
people,
particularly children, simply could not eat that much because the

leaves
are
so bitter,
experts said."

Old 04-03-2004, 01:02 AM
NB

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
news
You are the only one with a morbid obsession with oleanders, Ben Hiney. I
have grown them and had no problems with them. Being well aware of the
plant's extreme toxicity,

yes, they are deadly.

Oleander Question Simpledog Gardening 8 07-08-2004 03:10 AM
Question about Oleander Bunny McElwee Gardening 14 29-02-2004 11:32 PM
[IBC] Ben Oki Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 0 10-01-2004 07:32 PM
[IBC] ABS Ben Oki Award Andy Rutledge Bonsai 1 02-10-2003 04:07 AM
Ben Oki's email address Reiner Goebel Bonsai 0 04-08-2003 03:12 AM