Old 08-03-2004, 04:48 PM
LeeAnne

Default Bunnies

It's been a while since I've posted - I guess winter keeps me a wee bit
dormant too :-)

It's also been a very long time since I've seen a wasically wabbit in my
yard - probably a minimum of 10-15 years (seriously!). I've had woodchucks
destroy my flower garden (mostly the lupine and Echinacea) and then I
believe over the past year or two have had coyotes come in a destroy the
woodchucks --YAY!

Now, the past two nights I've had a bunny out in the back yard - not near
the flowers (which aren't even up yet, I'm 20 miles north of Boston) - but
still he/she sitting out there happily munching makes me nervous. My lawn
has TONS of clover in it as well as violets all over too ... but how long
will that stuff keep Bunny happy? One flower garden is very near the house
and would involve climbing up a set of concrete stairs, but the other one is
a little further way and only 2 steps above the back lawn where I saw Bunny
eating.

I can hope that I'll have coyote crowd control I suppose -- and I'm sure
that will happen as they are plentiful around here. But, should I throw out
a pre-emptive strike here and start piling up veggies on the other side of
my backyard ... away from the flower garden? A good diversion maybe? A
little Bunny bribery?

A .22 and the whole trap-move-release thing is out of the question. I also
cannot get a dog :-)

I hope you all are well and can tell me how you've handled your hopping
critters.

TIA,
LeeAnne

[IMG] code is On

attack of the bunnies Tater Gardening 19 18-06-2007 06:46 AM
Bunnies Jo North Carolina 6 02-05-2006 01:35 AM
Bunnies Not So Cute Anymore Key Bored Gardening 6 18-08-2004 04:47 PM
Bunnies LeeAnne Gardening 15 29-05-2004 04:02 AM
Bunnies and raised beds rudy Gardening 8 18-06-2003 05:32 AM