Old 17-03-2004, 01:56 AM
Liz Harket

Default Orchids

Has anyone any hints on growing orchids from scratch. I have one bulb
(I'm not even sure if that is what they are called) which has a shoot
about seven inches long, how long before it will flower? I have some
others waiting to be planted. Can they be outside in pots? I have no
greenhouse, but someone in Madeira told me that they would be OK
provided the temperature was above 5 degrees.
Did anyone go to see the 10th orchid festival at Kew Gardens -
amazing!

Liz harket
Old 17-03-2004, 12:36 PM
Cereus-validus

For somebody not from New Jersey you ask a lot of stupid questions. Never
take advice from somebody steeping in wine!

Do a google search. There are far more websites on how to grow orchids than
Dubaya has active brain cells!!! (On second thought, that really doesn't
have to be very many websites at all!!!!)

It was enough for me to take the trip to the Philadelphia Flower Show. If
only someone would pay for my airfare to London, I would gladly check out
the show at Kew!!!!

om...

Old 18-03-2004, 04:12 AM
Zemedelec

If you can get farm-raised species orchids, they tend to be happy with a wide
temperature range and live outdoors in their original zone, like the green and
brown bee orchid of Lebanon (which has close to 100 native species.)
Don't buy orchids which might have been robbed from their native habitat.
zemedelec
Old 18-03-2004, 04:13 AM
Zemedelec

If you can get farm-raised species orchids, they tend to be happy with a wide
temperature range and live outdoors in their original zone, like the green and
brown bee orchid of Lebanon (which has close to 100 native species.)
Don't buy orchids which might have been robbed from their native habitat.
zemedelec

[IMG] code is On

Orchids - Orchids!idx001.jpg (1/1) Internetado[_2_] Orchid Photos 0 06-11-2011 11:22 PM
Orchids - The fabulous world of Orchids report Kelly Orchids 2 31-08-2004 03:02 PM
growing orchids outside = burned orchids? Lil Orchids 5 18-07-2003 04:52 PM
super tough orchids profpam Orchids 3 28-01-2003 01:44 AM
Preserving and drying orchids. Howard Orchids 0 28-01-2003 12:54 AM