Old 17-03-2004, 03:06 PM
theoneflasehaddock

Default More arrests....

"Ray" wrote in message ...
I fully understand how having your place robbed would **** you off!

I had some Cyps growing in my yard here in PA that did the same kind of
walkabout. I still wonder where they go the shovels to dig themselves up.

Here's a website from a company in PA that sells "documented salvage"
Cypripediums. It seems highly suspicious they would have enough of
"salvaged" plants to meet the demand for orders for three species.

At the time I had first seen this link, they had much less of the
other orchids listed, and were mostly cypripediums from "documented
salvage".

Just wondering as to your opinion if the site is legitimate and
getting large numbers of Cypripediums somehow legally, or poachers.

I've posted this on another forum, and found it posted on gardenweb,
where people were discussing whether they thought it was poachers or
not. I don't know if it is or isn't, but I believe it sounds
suspicious.

-
theoneflasehaddock

. . . . . . . . . . .
"David Fouchey" wrote in message
On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 21:33:38 -0500, "Ray"
wrote:

That seems a little harsh. Do I detect a personal bone to pick?

Just a touch, had a nice group of cow horn orchids on a piece of
property that I enjoyed watching for years (South Floorida), until
some sob came in at night and cleaned out the whole lot of them....I
have no patience for unscrupulous wild collectors. Get permission,
sample some and make clones whatever but don't strip mine an entire
colony....

Rant Mode Off Ray...

Dave

[IMG] code is On

Break New Ground....Build More Beds.....Get More Pots Growing Glenna Rose Edible Gardening 3 27-06-2007 09:30 AM
More arrests.... GrlIntrpted Orchids 135 07-12-2004 10:39 AM
More arrests.... theoneflasehaddock Gardening 17 18-03-2004 09:12 PM