Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-03-2004, 06:07 PM
Bruce W.1

Default Basic plant root question

Please correct me if I'm wrong, and I probably am wrong.

Plants don't have a circulatory system. There is no circulatory loop
like with mammal blood. All moisture goes from the roots up. This is
caused by moisture evaporation from the leaves.

Theorhetically then, you could chop off a plant at ground level and
connect the stem to a vacuum suction pump and the roots wouldn't know
the difference, the roots would continue to grow.

What's wrong with this theory? Or might it actually work? If not then why?

Thanks for your help.

[IMG] code is On

Basic chemistry question Nemo Freshwater Aquaria Plants 23 23-01-2004 02:12 AM
Herb hardiness -- was: basic question: herbs, winter Frogleg Edible Gardening 2 25-10-2003 04:02 PM
basic question: herbs, winter R Braun Edible Gardening 3 25-10-2003 07:42 AM
Basic Lily question Carl Beyer Ponds 7 05-06-2003 10:44 AM
basic botony question: What triggers perrenials to begin regrowing? Adam Schwartz Gardening 9 26-04-2003 12:44 PM