Old 20-03-2004, 12:32 AM
Cindy

Default Juniper Question

I have a fairly steep embankment I would like to cover with some low
maintaince ground cover. We are leaning towards junipers for this. I would
like to have the large type and I dont know the names of the species. I
would like them to eventually be between 2-4 foot tall with a wide rapid
spread. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Cindy
Zone 7

--
All outgoing mail scanned for viruses.

Old 20-03-2004, 01:41 AM
Captain Chlorophyll

The most common cultivar in southern New Mexico (USDA zone 8, Sunset
zone 10) for your purpose is _Juniperus sabina_ `Tamariscifolia' (Tam
Juniper). They can reach 2-4' tall and 10' in diameter.

--
Brett Woywood
* "I seem to be having this * *

Old 20-03-2004, 02:02 AM
Cindy

LOL, I am sorry I should have stated that I am in Eastern Tennesse, just a
stones throw away from Madgardener.

Cindy

Old 20-03-2004, 04:13 AM
Pam - gardengal

"Captain Chlorophyll" wrote in message
The most common cultivar in southern New Mexico (USDA zone 8, Sunset
zone 10) for your purpose is _Juniperus sabina_ `Tamariscifolia' (Tam
Juniper). They can reach 2-4' tall and 10' in diameter.

And smell like cat pee in the sun. But regardless of location - they grow
just as well in Tennessee - and aroma, this is the species of juniper that
is most likely to produce the results you want

pam - gardengal

Old 20-03-2004, 04:35 PM
Grandpa

Pam - gardengal wrote:
"Captain Chlorophyll" wrote in message

The most common cultivar in southern New Mexico (USDA zone 8, Sunset
zone 10) for your purpose is _Juniperus sabina_ `Tamariscifolia' (Tam
Juniper). They can reach 2-4' tall and 10' in diameter.

And smell like cat pee in the sun. But regardless of location - they grow
just as well in Tennessee - and aroma, this is the species of juniper that
is most likely to produce the results you want

pam - gardengal

And they produce those lovely little spores that those of us with
allergies so dearly love in the spring...