Old 20-03-2004, 03:43 PM
Dante Mincin

Default Burning bush

Hi,

I have a planting of five burning bush plants that have grown large and into
each other. Can I prune them back a third at this time of year and
I'm in Maryland.

Thanks
Dan

Old 20-03-2004, 05:52 PM
Frank Logullo

"Dante Mincin" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a planting of five burning bush plants that have grown large and

into
each other. Can I prune them back a third at this time of year and
I'm in Maryland.

I'm no expert but I live in northern DE and see buds on mine. I would not
prune this severely at this time myself.
I have done this much pruning in the dead of winter and it did not harm
them.
Frank

Old 21-03-2004, 12:45 PM
Pam - gardengal

"Frank Logullo" wrote in message

"Dante Mincin" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a planting of five burning bush plants that have grown large and

into
each other. Can I prune them back a third at this time of year and
I'm in Maryland.

I'm no expert but I live in northern DE and see buds on mine. I would not
prune this severely at this time myself.
I have done this much pruning in the dead of winter and it did not harm
them.
Frank

Mine, not the compact form unfortunately, has grown massive and I whack at
it frequently (OK, I really do "prune" it, but you get the idea) with no ill
effects whatsoever, regardless of the season. Given the invasive nature of
this shrub in many parts of the eastern US, I would save the heaviest
pruning for right after they bloom to prevent any seed development.

pam - gardengal

Old 22-03-2004, 07:02 PM
James

[...]

How massive is it? A couple years ago I could not find anything but the
dwarf variety. Do you know the variety you have?

[IMG] code is On

rabbits and "burning bush" Jim Moran Lawns 5 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
Burning Bush question JWB Gardening 1 30-04-2003 08:32 PM
Burning Bush anyone? WSZsr Texas 1 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Burning Bush anyone? WSZsr Texas 0 19-03-2003 11:56 PM
rabbits and "burning bush" Jim Moran Lawns 5 19-03-2003 12:44 AM