Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-03-2004, 04:08 AM
jameson

Default I unearthed some termites in the middle of a garen project...

First off, I am not a gardener, bug expert, or landscape pro. My wife
and I have been planning a nice little bush/tree garden for the front
of our home for months now, this week (spring break) we took off to
start and to finish it.
Since last week I have had two swarms of termites in my home. Both
minor (if there is such a thing). Yes, I have a termite warranty with
my pest control folks, but for some reason that gives me little or no
comfort.
Anyway, today we were about 3/4 of the way finished with tilling and
pulling up the sod when lo-and-behold I hit the ground right up next
to my brick on the house with my pick and about 40 winged pests scurry
every which way... no, they were not ants, i took a close look. In
face there were also the little pale-white worker termites present to.
Ironically, about 1 foot away from that colony was a red any colony
(thought these guys were enemies). Well, I sat there imagining my
biggest investment fall to a heap of dust before my eyes, then I
finally said "lets stop for the day".
Yes, my pest dude will be out here tomarrow, but I know he isnt going
to be able to wave his magic wand and the colony be gone, so my
question is can I go on and finish my tilling and digging? Even with
that colony there? will my disturbing them make them more wood hungry
and make them swarm all over my home ever more? Im so clueless, thanks
in advance!
Jazz Mann