Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-03-2004, 10:12 PM
MOM PEAGRAM

Default anyone planting their gardens this week?

It's a little cold here yet, but I've just started my seeds in a flat. I'm
using an old waterbed heater to warm the soil. I grow sunflowers every
year. In fact they are voluntaries and I just leave them for the birds.

"gardener" wrote in message
I am starting my organic garden this week and wonder if there are other

folks
out there who are doing the same.
I know you are supposed to plant radishes and lettuces directly into the

soil,
but I did them in flats first.
Have you ever transplanted radishes? I am going to try it.
I did the same with my beets.
Also, has someone else successfully grown Sunflowers?
I know this may be off the preserving subject, but
if you are preserving you are probably growing as well.
the gardener