Old 28-03-2004, 05:02 PM
Lou Minatti

Default Help with frog identification

I just spotted this beautiful green frog on a banana this morning:
http://www.watchingyou.com/frog_3_28_04.jpg

I live in suburban Houston. I searched around on the web to identify
the species, and the closest I came to was the White-Lipped Treefrog.
It's somewhat similar in appearance to what I saw, but I don't think
it's a match. If any frog experts can identify it, I'd be most
appreciative. Thanks.
Old 28-03-2004, 06:12 PM
Lar

In article ,
says...
I just spotted this beautiful green frog on a banana this morning:
http://www.watchingyou.com/frog_3_28_04.jpg

I live in suburban Houston. I searched around on the web to identify
the species, and the closest I came to was the White-Lipped Treefrog.
It's somewhat similar in appearance to what I saw, but I don't think
it's a match. If any frog experts can identify it, I'd be most
appreciative. Thanks.

It's a Green Tree Frog...Hyla cinerea If you look it up by common name you
might put American to separate it from the hits about the Australian Green
tree Frog
but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

Old 28-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Phisherman

On 28 Mar 2004 07:54:10 -0800, (Lou Minatti)
wrote:

I just spotted this beautiful green frog on a banana this morning:
http://www.watchingyou.com/frog_3_28_04.jpg

I live in suburban Houston. I searched around on the web to identify
the species, and the closest I came to was the White-Lipped Treefrog.
It's somewhat similar in appearance to what I saw, but I don't think
it's a match. If any frog experts can identify it, I'd be most
appreciative. Thanks.

It's Hyla cinerea. It can have a white or yellow stripe on the upper
jaw and side of the body. It sometimes has tiny gold spots edged with
black on its back. Found in the South, especially within a couple
hundred miles of the Gulf, from Texas and up to N.Carolina.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:12 PM
theoneflasehaddock

Subject: Help with frog identification
From: (Lou Minatti)
Date: 3/28/2004 10:54 AM Eastern Standard Time
I just spotted this beautiful green frog on a banana this morning:
http://www.watchingyou.com/frog_3_28_04.jpg

I live in suburban Houston. I searched around on the web to identify
the species, and the closest I came to was the White-Lipped Treefrog.
It's somewhat similar in appearance to what I saw, but I don't think
it's a match. If any frog experts can identify it, I'd be most
appreciative. Thanks.

Green treefrog. Hyla cinerea, I believe. Common in most of the southern U.S.

-

theoneflasehaddock