Old 01-04-2004, 06:46 PM
escapee

Default A new and disturbing practice for some Lowes garden centers and responses. (I'd like some feedba

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:22:31 GMT, McQualude opined:

" said:

it must cost less to trash their stock than to hire someone who knows
whatthey're doing.

They know what they're doing and intentionally doing it wrong; and yes, it
does cost less.

Actually, since Lowes and other box stores depend on bringing plant material in
from other growers, they have deals in place for damaged or dead plants. They
get replaced or refunded. However, in that deal, they must discard the plants.

Here, Lowes sprays them bright orange on the outer container and mark them down.
I think it offsets their loss, but I will also say the Lowes I shop at here in
this neck of America have very good, informed staff and their nursery centers
are immaculate and well kept all season. Not an easy thing to do in a box
store...where, for the most part, gardeners don't shop.