Old 14-04-2004, 06:33 PM
Jacqueline

Default raised bed spacing

I'm putting in a couple of rasied beds for the first time, and I know that
you can plant closer than you would in a traditional garden, but how much
closer? I'm putting in tomatoes (roma and cherry), banana peppers, basil,
parsley, and wax beans. Thanks.

Old 15-04-2004, 01:02 AM
Pen

For the ultimate use of space, look up 'square foot gardening'.
There's lots of sites if you do a search or check out the library for
Mel Bartholomew.
Old 15-04-2004, 05:32 PM
Tom Randy

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 13:13:22 -0400, Jacqueline wrote:

I'm putting in a couple of rasied beds for the first time, and I know
that you can plant closer than you would in a traditional garden, but how
much closer? I'm putting in tomatoes (roma and cherry), banana peppers,
basil, parsley, and wax beans. Thanks.

For tomatos and peppers a foot apart, the beans can probably go 2-3"
apart.

Get the Sqaure Foot Gardening book, it's GREAT!