Old 27-04-2004, 05:06 PM
TMEMEDIA

Default Beginner with full sun shrub question

I just bought a house that needs serious landscaping help. The front elevation
is an eyesore. I pulled out some nasty evergreen bushes that completely hid
the front windows and now need to plant some evergreen shrubs that will thrive
in full sun but won't ever get so huge they'll cover the front windows, which
start about six feet off the ground. I'd also like to plant some low
perennials in front of them. At my old house, I had rhododendrons planted in
front and they were gorgeous, but I wonder if they'll work in full sun. Any
ideas?

Thanks!

Teresa
Old 07-05-2004, 06:02 AM
MWhite3660

Rhododendrons will not work in full sun! In a situation like you described,
crepe myrtle will work very well. They bloom very full like the rhodondendrons
but do well in the sun. Also, they bloom from early summer through the fall
and get just a full with color as the rhodendrons. You will love them! Since
they get tall you can plant flowers in front too. I have lillies, coleus, and
clematis around mine and it looks awsome! Hope this helps.

[IMG] code is On

Sun without Sun. Erik Orchids 8 03-02-2006 09:51 PM
Full Sun Question Dave Rut Gardening 12 15-08-2003 02:32 PM
Low perennials for 50sqft, full sun, poor drainage, deer-res.? Marc Stephenson Texas 11 09-06-2003 12:56 PM
Will Shasta Daisy grow in constantly wet sand/full sun? Kevin Miller Gardening 4 04-06-2003 12:32 PM
Full Sun Hanging Baskets Lewis Spurlin North Carolina 0 08-04-2003 03:21 PM