Old 06-05-2004, 04:03 PM
ted

Default What's that sticky stuff on my roses?

I noticed this morning that there's a clear sticky filmy stuff on my
roses. If you touch the leaves it will stick you. They look fine and
healthy. I sprayed them last week with miraclegrow. I fed them from
top to bottom just the way the instructions said. Did that leave a
film?

Thanks.
Old 06-05-2004, 06:02 PM
David J Bockman

Possibilities:

Slime trails from slugs

'Dew' from aphids

Dave

m...

Old 06-05-2004, 06:02 PM
Sed5555

I noticed this morning that there's a clear sticky filmy stuff on my
roses.

It may be "honeydew", a substance excreted by insects. Look closely for signs
of scale or aphids.
sed5555