Old 12-05-2004, 05:02 PM
rile

Default Ash tree leaf drop

It is happening again. Like last spring, one of our ash trees buds
out nicely, starts to leaf out but then the immature leafs start
dropping off. It has happened before but not to the extent that it
has the last two years. Last year, almost all the leaves fell off.
In the past, some leaves dropped but not to a significant amount.
Also, in previous years, the leafs would turn dark and roll up before
dropping. Now, they just drop.
Any ideas?
Old 13-05-2004, 12:02 AM
Mike LaMana

Where are you? Native or planted tree? Do you know the species? Are other
ashes in the area similarly afflicted??

--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC

om...

Old 13-05-2004, 06:02 PM
rile

"Mike LaMana" fake@MikeatHeartwoodConsultingdotnet wrote in message ...
Where are you? Native or planted tree? Do you know the species? Are other
ashes in the area similarly afflicted??

--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC
Toms River, NJ
www.HeartwoodConsulting.net

"rile" wrote in message
om...
It is happening again. Like last spring, one of our ash trees buds
out nicely, starts to leaf out but then the immature leafs start
dropping off. It has happened before but not to the extent that it
has the last two years. Last year, almost all the leaves fell off.
In the past, some leaves dropped but not to a significant amount.
Also, in previous years, the leafs would turn dark and roll up before
dropping. Now, they just drop.
Any ideas?

I live in Central Ohio, outside Columbus. I assume this was a planted
tree since it isn't near as old as the house. The species is unknown
and there is another ash within 10 yards of it that doesn't seem to
have the problem.
Old 14-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Allview

Are there any tiny D-shaped holes in the trunk?

Marilyn
Old 17-05-2004, 06:02 AM
Sed5555

It is happening again. Like last spring, one of our ash trees buds
out nicely, starts to leaf out but then the immature leafs start
dropping off. It has happened before but not to the extent that it
has the last two years. Last year, almost all the leaves fell off.
In the past, some leaves dropped but not to a significant amount.
Also, in previous years, the leafs would turn dark and roll up before
dropping. Now, they just drop.
Any ideas?

You don't say where you are, but is it possible that you have had a recent
frost? Here in Denver our ash trees were just starting to leaf out when hit by
frost. This has resulted in just what you have described.
sed5555