Old 27-06-2003, 10:09 PM
Zo

Default Solanum Jasminoides - leaf drop.

I wonder if anyone can help me with this problem please. My SJ grows and
blooms lovely and then the leaves turn yellow quite rapidly and drop off. It
was suggested that maybe the North wall it's grown up against is too warm.
I have now trimmed it right back in the hope that having the growth a bit
denser (!) will possibly stop the leaf drop. Any suggestions or tips?

zo

Old 29-06-2003, 05:24 PM
Charlie Pridham

"Zo" wrote in message
I wonder if anyone can help me with this problem please. My SJ grows and
blooms lovely and then the leaves turn yellow quite rapidly and drop off.

It
was suggested that maybe the North wall it's grown up against is too warm.
I have now trimmed it right back in the hope that having the growth a bit
denser (!) will possibly stop the leaf drop. Any suggestions or tips?

zo

At this time of year it should be in full growth with deep green foliage
almost covered in flowers, I suspect its water, whether too much or too
little you can best judge. The actual damage may have been caused some time
back and the weakened root system is no longer able to support all the top
growth. I am not aware of any dread disease that solanums suffer from :~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 06-07-2003, 10:50 AM
Zo

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

"Zo" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Charlie. I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes. )

zo