Old 18-05-2004, 05:07 PM
k conover

Default strange weed-bamboo

Hi, I have a strange weed growing all over my garden which is very delicate
looking like a tiny bamboo plant with a very delicate stalk, but only a
couple inches high, then of course, it starts growing.
Last year when I moved into my house (in Atlanta, GA) the yard was full of
them...I'm patiently pulling them all (since I can't use pre-emergent
because of all of my flowering plants) but just curious what they could be.
I'll try to post a picture if noone can figure out by my description.

Kirsten

Old 18-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Marcy Hege

Sounds as though you have Japanese stilt grass or micrcostegium. Very invasive.
Get rid of it before it seeds in late summer. It will cover everything. Check
out these websites for more info:

http://samab.org/Focus/Invasive/JapStilt/japstilt.html
http://www.nps.gov/plants/alien/fact/mivi1.htm
Old 21-05-2004, 05:03 AM
k conover

Yes, it definitely seems to be the Japanese stilt grass or a very close
relative...thanks!
Kirsten
"Marcy Hege" wrote in message
Sounds as though you have Japanese stilt grass or micrcostegium. Very

invasive.
Get rid of it before it seeds in late summer. It will cover everything.

Check
out these websites for more info:

http://samab.org/Focus/Invasive/JapStilt/japstilt.html
http://www.nps.gov/plants/alien/fact/mivi1.htm

[IMG] code is On

Strange plant/weed/fungus in garden HytestA Lawns 3 23-04-2010 05:07 AM
Strange Weed in Lawn Dave Lawns 5 01-09-2005 05:54 AM
Duck Weed!! Duck Weed!! Duck Weed!! Troy Church Ponds 7 05-04-2005 09:22 PM
Strange weed-bamboo? k conover Gardening 1 19-05-2004 04:06 PM
A strange sight at Home Depot...nothing strange at all about their practice! Roy Gardening 3 01-04-2004 07:41 AM