Old 19-05-2004, 05:03 PM
Dooler

Default Golden bamboo in a small yard - replace or put in barrier?

I have some Golden bambo I put in my yard last fall. My yard is
extremely small and only have a small area of 6' x 3' devoted to the
bamboo. Should I pull it out and replace it with a clumping bamboo
such as Festatia Robusta or put a barrier in. Both will run me about
the same $. I wanted bambo in area to grow taller than fence and give
a little screening. Golden would be perfect as it is fast growing
(instant gratification) and tolerates the afternoon sun

Any suggestions/recommendation wanted.

Thanks,
Clayton
Old 24-05-2004, 04:03 AM
hermine stover

On Wed, 19 May 2004 15:39:12 GMT, Dooler wrote:

I have some Golden bambo I put in my yard last fall. My yard is
extremely small and only have a small area of 6' x 3' devoted to the
bamboo. Should I pull it out and replace it with a clumping bamboo
such as Festatia Robusta or put a barrier in. Both will run me about
the same $. I wanted bambo in area to grow taller than fence and give
a little screening. Golden would be perfect as it is fast growing
(instant gratification) and tolerates the afternoon sun

Any suggestions/recommendation wanted.

Thanks,
Clayton

why not contain the golden bamboo in a tub? sub soil barriers need to
be like the footings for a concrete block fence! if containment is
very important to you and you feel you might miss a few escaped
runners when you garden, i would grow this as a container plant, it
does VERY WELL containerized. The Chinese use it in formal gardens
this way, to very good effect.

hermine stover