Old 09-06-2004, 08:12 AM
Frogleg

Default Borage

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 03:04:17 -0500, Mark Anderson
wrote:

I was worried because last year I
grew Cilantro and after that flowered it petered out about the third week
of June making me trash the entire plant to reuse the pot. In my garden,
if the plant doesn't produce (I.e. grow big) it's out of here. :-)

Cilantro is a short-lived annual. It will never get big and bushy like
parsley. In fact, if you've ever seen cilantro with roots in the
grocery store, you will notice that the 'bunch' is actually 20 or 30
individual plants. The 'trick', if you want to have a good supply for
cooking, is to have many plants and sow more seeds every 2 weeks or
so. Cilantro likes sun, but heat makes it bolt quickly. It's too bad
you trashed the plant, as you could have used the mature seeds for
cooking (it's usually called coriander in the seed form) and starting
new plants.

If you're after architecture, however, cilantro/coriander is a bust.
:-) Dill is quite nice -- tall and feathery. It also doesn't live
very long (longer than cilantro) but the seed heads are quite large
and attractive (and useful). Rosemary is a perennial in much of the US
and can become a good-sized bush.

Old 15-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Registered User

I put the old, with the digital camera. Borage has a lot of fur on its reflected sunlight in an interesting way. This is my first time growing borage. I am looking for herbs, an increase of 3 'or higher, this year I went to this point, I do not know what it is. Lovage for the first time I am more and more, as it should be taller.
Pond Pumps

[IMG] code is On

Borage Paddy's Pig[_7_] Garden Photos 0 23-03-2011 06:19 PM
Bee on Borage Paddy's Pig[_2_] Garden Photos 2 20-04-2008 01:59 AM
Borage (Off Topic - Top Posting discussion) mbb United Kingdom 26 11-08-2003 06:11 AM
Borage The Reid United Kingdom 35 07-08-2003 09:41 PM